The Songfactors' Choice Top #37

Farin

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Diggs Old Mate, I'll keep my digs at you for the Ashes Series. (That's a Cricket Contest between Australia and England which is probably the single most important event in the World).

Talking about crickets; there was a crickets concert last night in Stockholm. 350 specially imported chinese crickets played together with some local jazz musicians at a museum. Swedish radio was there and taped the event for later broadcasting. I'm looking forward to the show with enthusiasm and will give you a notice if and when they will send it on the web.

Daryl, we will have to wait and see...

BF, I haven't taken the plunge and presented my wad as yet. I know I should, but I just haven't found the time... which is rubbish really as if I wanted to I would have done. I have a bit of a block when it comes to that sort of thing I guess.

I'm the straggler.....sorry, I was actually checking out some of the songs I didn't know on YouTube, and I liked one so much that it's on my Top Ten!

1. Mr. Jones - Counting Crows

2. I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch) - The Four Tops

3. Jeremy - Pearl Jam

4. Salvation - The Cranberries

5. Learn To Fly - The Foo Fighters

6. Somebody Told Me - The Killers

7. Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol If I just lay here, would you lie with me and just forget the world?)

8. Joy To The World - Three Dog Night

9. Rosalita - Bruce Springsteen

10. Trouble - Ray LaMontagne (thanks to whoever nominated this for introducing me to a great song)

Talking about crickets; there was a crickets concert last night in Stockholm. 350 specially imported chinese crickets played together with some local jazz musicians at a museum. Swedish radio was there and taped the event for later broadcasting. I'm looking forward to the show with enthusiasm and will give you a notice if and when they will send it on the web.

Dappled, you need to get out more. :laughing:

I used to have a dancing fly once. I kept him in my handkerchief and just took him out for special occasions. At a party (his last) I took him out of my pocket to perform. Everyone was eagerly waiting, except the Hostess. I called out to her "come and see this fly !" and she walked out, said "oh, sorry" and swatted him. (Sob). Ed Sullivan was very disappointed when we had to cancel.

I used to have a dancing fly once. I kept him in my handkerchief and just took him out for special occasions. At a party (his last) I took him out of my pocket to perform. Everyone was eagerly waiting, except the Hostess. I called out to her "come and see this fly !" and she walked out, said "oh, sorry" and swatted him. (Sob). Ed Sullivan was very disappointed when we had to cancel.

Reminds me of the greatest 5 minute cartoon I ever saw, about a man finding a singing/dancing frog and he thinks he's going to make millions off this fantastic animal. Only problem is that the frog ONLY sang "Hello my honey, hello my baby, hello my ragtime gal ..." and danced the strut, with top hat and cane, for the guy who found him. Whenever he showed the frog to any other person, the frog just sat like a frog and softly croaked, "Ribbit." For a cartoon, it had great thematic strength. Sort of a Lord of the Frogs.

I missed nominating this round, but here's my vote.

1. Black Hole Sun –- Soundgarden

2. Jealous Guy -- John Lennon

3. When I Was Young -- The Animals

4. Hey Bulldog -- The Beatles

5. Nothing Else Matters -- Metallica

6. It's All Over Now -- The Rolling Stones

7. Knockin' On Heaven's Door -- Bob Dylan

8. Take the Long Way Home -- Supertramp

9. Tighten Up -- Archie Bell & The Drells

10.Jeremy -- Pearl Jam

hope I'm not too late!

1. Alice's Restaurant ~ Arlo Guthrie

2. Rosalita ~ Bruce Springsteen

3. Joy To The World ~ Three Dog Night

4. Separate Ways ~ Journey

5. Mr. Jones ~ Counting Crows

6. Somebody Told Me ~ Killers

7. I Can't Help Myself ~ 4 Tops

8. It's All Over Now ~ Stones

9. Knockin On Heaven's Door ~ Dylan

10. Help Me ~ Joni Mitchell

I'm the straggler.....sorry, I was actually checking out some of the songs I didn't know on YouTube, and I liked one so much that it's on my Top Ten!

hope I'm not too late!

I don't have a real set-in-stone deadline, and of course I'm very willing to wait on nominators who want to check out some songs first (:thumbsup:)

but as quite a few members don't get online on the weekends, I'd like to announce them around friday noon (EST) at the latest, so that we still might have some conversation/discussion about them :)

:headphones:

I guess there's no use to wait anymore... :P

sf_songfactorschoicetop10.jpg

The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #37 for the week ending 5th November 2006

1. Won't Get Fooled Again - The Who (1971)

2. I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch) - The Four Tops (1965)

3. It's All Over Now - The Rolling Stones (1964)

4. Ziggy Stardust - David Bowie (1972)

5. Mr. Jones - Counting Crows (1994)

6. Don't Think Twice It's Alright - Bob Dylan (1964)

7. Alice's Restaurant - Arlo Guthrie (1967)

8. Joy To The World - Three Dog Night (1971)

9. You Are The Sunshine Of My Life - Stevie Wonder (1973)

10. Hey Bulldog - The Beatles (1969)

:headphones: