Rolling Stones: Zilker Park Austin

TheLizard

It's settled, the Stones are still the reigning kings of Rock and Roll. Mick can still move like he's 20, Keith is the most animated zombie I've ever seen, Charlie can slam down beats like nobody else, and Ron can shred with the best. They played a great mix of rarities- including "Sway", and "You Got Me Rockin'"- and favorites like "Bitch", "Jumpin' Jack Flash", "Sympathy for the Devil" and "Satisfaction". The encore consisted of "You Can't Always Get What You Want" and "Brown Sugar".

The set lasted about 2 and a half hours.

The stage was incredible. When it came to lighting and pyrotechnics, nothing was held back. There was even a part of the stage that seperated from the main stage and carried the band out into the middle of the audience.

Basically, last night was one of the best experiences of my life. I've never seen a concert that great and I highly doubt I ever will. We (my dad and I) ended up with a great spot on the lawn. There were 42,000 people in the park, and there couldn't have been more than 2,000 in front of us. We were so close, I could almost count the wrinkles on Keith's face. If anyone there was more excited than me, it was my dad. He explained, "You're 16, I'm 44, I've been waiting a lot longer than you have."

P.S. I would put in a mini-review of the opening act (Los Lonely Boys), but I didn't get to see them. As soon as they finished their first song, I realized I had to relieve myself. I made my way back to the bathrooms, where I encountered a long line. After a while, I began to worry that Los Lonely Boys would finish and the Stones would come on, and I'd still be waiting to pee. So I gave up on the line, walked over to the fence, and let it go. My first public urination at a concert, and I wasn't even on anything! :cool:

:thumbsup: to you :thumbsup: to dad

Tim Lizzy, (can I still call you that?), nice to see the tradition carrying into the next generation. The Stones just can't be beat in concert. I saw them last year at Soldier Field, in Chicago. Los Lonely boys opened for them. Good band, fine for opening for the Stones. I enjoyed them, but face it, the show was The Stones.

You are ssssssssssooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo lucky! This is the set list from when I went:

1. Jumping Jack Flash

2. You Got Me Rocking

3. She's So Cold

4. Oh No, Not You Again

5. It's Only Rock And Roll

6. Angie

7. Gimme Shelter

8. Midnight Rambler

9. Tumbling Dice

---Band Introductions

10. This Place Is Empty (Keith)

11. Happy (Keith)

12. Miss You (The stage was elevated and travelled to the middle of the field at this point)

13. Rough Justice

14. Start Me Up

15. Honky Tonk Women (Stage moved back again)

16. Sympathy For The Devil

17. Paint It, Black

18. Brown Sugar

19. You Can't Always Get What You Want (encore)

20. Satisfaction (encore)

• 2 weeks later...