Here's another clue for you all, the abuse was by Paul

RonJonSurfer

Each time a woman lies about domestic abuse, it hurts the women out there who are really going through it and may not be believed when they speak up.

I am lucky that I have never suffered abuse from anyone (not that I'd tolerate it for very long), but Heather if you are lying, you deserve to be beat with your fake leg.

Edited by Guest

Each time a woman lies about domestic abuse, it hurts the women out there who are really going through it and may not be believed when they speak up.

Whilst I'm certainly not disagreeing with this, the same could said of each time someone says "I can't believe it of him; he's always seemed such a nice guy"...

There are some complete b*****ds out there, who can somehow still come up with character-witnesses to testify what great guys they are...

More........

Heather McCartney to sue British papers By TARIQ PANJA, Associated Press Writer

LONDON - Heather Mills McCartney's lawyers said Tuesday she is suing two newspapers over "false, damaging and immensely upsetting" stories surrounding her divorce from Paul McCartney.

The law firm Mishcon de Reya named the Daily Mail and London's Evening Standard as the subject of legal proceedings, adding that a lawsuit will also be filed against The Sun.

Associated Newspapers, publishers of the Daily Mail and the Evening Standard, had no immediate response.

Mills McCartney had been vilified in the media and was now being stalked by photographers, the firm said. It alleged that other newspapers had also printed false statements but the three listed would be the focus of the lawsuit.

"She cannot sue — for now, at least — every single newspaper that has published false, damaging and immensely upsetting statements about her. She should not thereby be taken to have accepted that these statements are true," the statement read.

The McCartney divorce has become the most sensational marital breakup since Prince Charles and Princess Diana parted ways a decade ago, sparking immense rivalry in the British press for the best scoop.

Last week, the Daily Mail splashed its front page with what appeared to be legal papers drafted by Mills McCartney's lawyers against the former Beatle that alleged drug use, drunkenness, callousness about his wife's amputated leg, indifference to her pain, and even an assault with a broken wineglass.

Mills McCartney's lawyers said British media claims that she has been offered a $56 million settlement by her husband are false and "the truth is that no settlement offer, in any amount, has been made."

"She is pursued everywhere she goes. She is stalked by press photographers, who congregate outside her home and chase after her in cars — regardless of her safety or the safety of her daughter," her lawyers said.

Mishcon de Reya issued a copy of a letter, apparently from The Mail on Sunday's investigations editor Dennis Rice, offering Heather's sister Fiona a "substantial sum" for information about the divorce.

It said the letter was hand-delivered and promised anonymity.

"It requires no imagination to conclude what kind of information was being sought from our client's closest confidante, nor why the assurance of confidentiality was believed to be necessary," the statement said. "We ask on behalf of our client for the media, as a matter of common decency, please now to show some restraint."

I still agree with what Jane said at the beginning of the thread. I feel so sad for their poor child who is in the middle of all of this foolishness. It doesn't matter who did what to who or who is lying or not, they should both be ashamed of themselves for making all of this so public.

Perhaps Madonna is available to adopt their kid.

...she makes Yoko look good!!

I still agree with what Jane said at the beginning of the thread. I feel so sad for their poor child who is in the middle of all of this foolishness. It doesn't matter who did what to who or who is lying or not, they should both be ashamed of themselves for making all of this so public.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Too true!

Edited by Guest

they should both be ashamed of themselves for making all of this so public.

I have not seen anything regarding his side of the story - just stuff about her. Except a blurb about how he refuses to (knowingly) give the media any fodder, which, as I recall, was the official statement made by his attorney.

This means nothing... just an observation.

Am I the only person here who thinks we cannot possibly know what went on, and that Sir Paul may in reality be a tw*t behind closed doors? We just don't know, so to hang her like this before the case goes to court does seem a little unjust...

Lets face it, she isn't going to get a fair hearing in the press or from people of a certain age who remember Sir Paul as a cheeky, likeable lad with a muppet's haircut and a tune... But just because he has this public image, persona and a few quid shouldn't prevent her from getting a fair hearing. If it does, then this is a licence for the rich, likeable and famous to abuse women, surely...

Just a thought from my feminine side... lol

Am I the only person here who thinks we cannot possibly know what went on, and that Sir Paul may in reality be a tw*t behind closed doors? We just don't know, so to hang her like this before the case goes to court does seem a little unjust...

Lets face it, she isn't going to get a fair hearing in the press or from people of a certain age who remember Sir Paul as a cheeky, likeable lad with a muppet's haircut and a tune... But just because he has this public image, persona and a few quid shouldn't prevent her from getting a fair hearing. If it does, then this is a licence for the rich, likeable and famous to abuse women, surely...

Just a thought from my feminine side... lol

I agree totally.

Sir Paul now seems to be fighting his side of the propaganda war by enlisting the services of the rich and famous to testify to his legendary contribution to music.(He's putting out some "Paul McCartney: Is He Not Mr. Fantastic?" DVD...) Well, if Jay-Z speaks out for him, who can argue with that?

But his musical craftsmanship and unrivalled contribution to the world of rock and pop isn't the issue here.

You only have to look at people's attitudes to the wives/partners/muses of other music legends to see them invariably portrayed as witches, bitches, only after their riches....

The way I see it, the venom directed at the likes of Yoko Ono, Courtney Love, etc. and now Heather Mills-McCartney is often a thin disguise for a vaguely misogynistic sentiment. Rather than acknowledge that our (creative, talented, charismatic, handsome) male idols are fallible human-beings and, let's face it, capable of disappointing us (by becoming creatively moribund or by behaving badly), it's always much easier to "blame the dame".

She started it all. He still didn´t say a single word while she told such a story that seems hard to believe. Not because these things doesn´t happen -they surelly do- but the fact that she´ll be one of the richest persons in the UK makes one doubt about it. He might be one of many others sons of a b*tch wife-beaters and more, but she might not be the first woman trying to get a fortune marrying a rich man and looking for fame and money with a divorce.

Rather than acknowledge that our (creative, talented, charismatic, handsome) male idols are fallible human-beings and, let's face it, capable of disappointing us (by becoming creatively moribund or by behaving badly), it's always much easier to "blame the dame".

Ok I am going to speak my mind and I don't mean to piss anyone off. I am not "blaming the dame", what gets me is that if she is making all this up, she is sending a message not to believe women who really have been abused. And for her to comment on the marriage of Paul and Linda, she is just grasping at straws. And I do not believe that Paul is perfect, he is my least favorite Beatle, but I find it hard to believe that he is a wife beating bastard. I am sure he can be an ass at times, just like most people. Wealth and fame are a dangerous combo and it does make people behave badly, and they do feel they can get away with it at times, which is so wrong. I don't hold any artist in such a light that I would think they aren't human and behave like a jerk, they all fall and some harder than others. If the situation was reversed and Paul was doing the mud slinging, I would wonder if it was true also. I think this get me fired up due to past abusive relationships and I don't want women to think they can lie to just get what they want out of a divorce settlement. Ok I have spoken my mind and this is just my opinion.

Nobody knows what really goes on inside the closed door of relationships, except the people involved. As with (the more recent of) the past absusive relationships I have had the misfortune of being involved in, no one on the outside even knew what was taking place on the inside - until afterwards. Only the people who know me well knew something was not right. Some people have a remarkable ability to be pleasant and likable to the outside world. Then they get alone with the one they "love", and they're just despicable.

The movie "Far From Heaven" starring Julianne Moore and Dennis Quaid is a wonderful wake-up call.