"Ugly Betty" and "Men In Trees"

Otokichi

I'm a Moosehead! ("Northern Exposure" fan) So I followed "Marin" to Elmo, AK where men outnumber women 10:1 and witnessed:

A long range breakup caused by picking up the wrong laptop.

John Amos as a bush pilot!

An innkeeper/radio host with a police chief mother who could whip "Officer Barbara Semanski"

A male raccoon as a spirit animal

Confirmation that spike heels and permafrost don't mix

However, I missed the first episode of "Ugly Betty," but found episode #2 OK. (IMDB types panned it.) One doesn't have to go too far from home to find hostile alien beings obssessed with appearances. So, I'm bypassing "My Name Is Earl" and "The Office" for the wilds of Mode magazine and Wilhelmina The Cruel. =:P

The UK original of "The Office" is a programme not to be missed. It is the best show I have seen this century. I dunno about this "Ugly Betty" thing, but I doubt it'll be any good. Most likely it'll turn into a sitcom, although the original wasn't that great and funny to begin with. There are soooo many good Latin American soaps they could've chosen to re-make into English, starting with "O Clone"/"El Clon" (i.e. "The Clone"). Seriously, I get chills thinking about that show. It was a sad and creepy ending.

• 2 months later...