Theme Show

Had a thought about a show with songs that most people have misheard the lyrics and have no idea what is being sung. Any songs that come to mind from you guys?

"Israelites" - Desmond Dekker

"Working For The Yankee Dollar" - Skids

"Son Of My Father" - Chicory Tip

Doesn't this concept warrant a thread of its own? Or have one already?

How about Horn Bands? Look at the thread about that with plenty of good suggesitons:

BS&T

Chicago (ok those two are pretty obvious)

Lighthouse - One Fine Morning

Tower of Power - So Very Hard to Go, You're Still a Young Man, What Is Hip?

Earth Wind and Fire - September, In The Stone

Chase - Get It On

Ides of March - Vehicle

You get the idea.

jazzcat...thanks! I have a show with awesome piano/keyboards, but I didn't even think of horns. I must sound like I am just a dummy, but to come up with 52 theme shows is a lot of work, and there are days my head hurts trying to be creative with this idea.

Edited by Guest
That I type too fast and dont take time to check my spelling...add this to my list of faults!

Had a thought about a show with songs that most people have misheard the lyrics and have no idea what is being sung. Any songs that come to mind from you guys?

"Come Together" - The Beatles ("Holds you in his armchair you can feel his disease")

"Bad Moon Rising" - CCR ("There's a bathroom on the right") (This one is important, since John Fogerty once accidentally used the mistaken lyric in concert)

"Addicted To Love" - Robert Palmer ("You might as well face it, you're a dick with a glove")

"Radar Love" - Golden Earring ("It's a half-assed Ford and I'm shifting gears")