The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten # 35

OLD 55

1. What is Life. George Harrison This song was playing in 1970 when I was bending over for my Army Draft physical. I would like to forget that moment.

2. The Joker. Steve Miller Band. "Some people call me the space cowboy some people call me the gangster of love." Steve Miller.

rtstuff

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But do we need 3 nominations of songs by the same Artist/Group in one Top Ten with the thousands to choose from ?

You´re right, Darryl... I can change my nomination... shall I?

:)

If you can, please turn my "Absolutely Sweet Marie" into "Amoureux Solitaires", by Lio.

So what? I mean really, why all the restrictions? If it's a favorite that hasn't already made a list then that should be enough. Are we trying to be fair to artists who have no knowledge of these lists anyway?

You guys do a great job with the lists. But remember...KISS. Keep It Simple Songfactors.

Cat Stevens has already made number one, with Wild World. :)

Thanks, I only checked if the song had made in on a list before at all.

I do agree with Joe to some extent (for example, Led Zeppelin have made the list numerous times, but Cat Stevens only once, and so...), but it's not like I desperately want to nominate that song and yes I know it's only for fun.

So, I'd like to change Peace Train to Coming Into Los Angeles by Arlo Guthrie.

Thanks Chris, good pickup. Rules are Rules - we only have a minimum of them anyway. Poor old Cat has to follow them as well as Zeppelin.

I should have kept out of the '3 Nominations' bit.

Please let your original ones stand edna.

:stars:

Thanks to the 25 people who've nominated so far ! Please don't forget that I usually close nominations earlier than Farin would, due to the Time Difference "Down Under", so if anyone else is going give me some nominations, can I please have them soon.

Edited by Guest
ANY MORE NOMINATIONS ???

Well, I was going to list the Nominations and commence the voting, but the Site (I hope it's the Site and not my computer) is going very slow.

Tomorrow A.M. Oz Time it will have to be. Last chance for anyone who missed nominating but would like to. Goodnight All.