Son of A Preacher Man - Dusty Springfield.

Blue Fish

Yes edna, House music. I'm at bording school and i live in a "house" with 80 other girls. There are other houses, about three boys houses and one other girls house. Each house chooses a different song to sing and we have a "sing off" if you like and see which house can sing the best. Ta for the anwsers, it proberly is her...

"I thought it was a new-techno festival, trance,"

What in a christian bording school where we have saturday school too?? no one has the energy for a festival like that!!! hee, never mind...

You're sitting in a Christian boarding school listening to Sid Vicious??! :o:o:o}:| :thumbsup:

And you've never heard of the genre of dance-music they call "House"? From which "Acid-House" was descended? No?

And you don't understand?

Neither do I, my dear, neither do I.

It was sampled on 'Hits From the Bong' by I can't remember who too...

"Hits From The Bong" was by Cypress Hill, but I had no idea it sampled bass-parts from "Son Of A Preacher Man". (I presume that's the track to which you both refer?)

That's one thing I love about this site: one learns something new every day.

Oh yeah, before i forget, House music as explained by Wikipedia..

"The common element of house music is a prominent 4/4 beat (a prominent kick drum on every beat, also known as four-on-the-floor) generated by a drum machine or other electronic means (such as a sampler).

As well, house music uses a continuous, repeating (usually also electronically generated) bassline. Typically added to this foundation are electronically generated sounds and samples of music such as jazz, blues and synth pop, as well as additional percussion. As new recordings emerged, the house genre divided into a number of subcategories, some of which are described below."