The Jam: not getting the credit they deserve?

blind-fitter

I thought they were pretty good tracks, but this is from someone who has tastes similar to Peaches' (i.e. your nemeses, Duran Duran).

Still, if this is a sampling of what they sound like, then yes, it would be good to hear some more. I voted for both songs, I believe, so hopefully Pandora will deal me a few more.

• 4 months later...

The jam are one of my favorite UK bands of the last 30 years--which isnt really saying much, because the UK bands really started getting really bad around 1981ish and as of yet havent recovered. Still the Jam was good enough to make my list of Top Power Trios of all-time (even though they really arent much of a POWER trio--still that's the name that just about any trio that plays rock gets, even the Police)...

The jam are one of my favorite UK bands of the last 30 years--which isnt really saying much, because the UK bands really started getting really around 1981ish and as of yet havent recovered.

I remember the shock-waves when The Jam's break-up was announced. That was nearly 25 years ago. Are you seriously saying that(with the honourable, if slightly puzzling,exception of obscure Welsh alt-noise jesters McLusky) you have been sniffily unimpressed by all UK rock produced in the last quarter-century? :(

Jeez, I thought I could be difficult to please.

During that 25 year period there have been good bands and there have been bad bands. Some have been finger-lickin' good, and others have been arse-wipin' bad...

Give us a clue what UK bands/artists you've been slightly impressed by (and why), and I might be able to offer my opinion on stuff that is "a bit like that only better". After all, often it's not actually the best bands that are singled out for special treatment by the music biz/media, (enabling them to successfully be exported abroad), as much as the most marketable.

I can be unreasonably critical where rock music is concerned, but I can still think of quite a few UK artists who've been worthy of my precious attention at some time over the last couple of decades.