The Songfactors' Choice Top #34

Farin

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Hello, Goodbye would get into the 100 points Club, but it didn't. Here's the current list:

In My Life,Beatles,1965,117 points

Ticket To Ride,Beatles,1965,107 points

Light My Fire,Doors,1967,105 points

All Day And All Of The Night,Kinks,1964,104 points

Hey Jude,Beatles,1968,104 points

The Sounds Of Silence,Simon & Garfunkel,1965,103 points

Bridge Over Troubled Water,Simon & Garfunkel,1970,101 points

At the outset I thought the same of my S&G nomination of El Condor Pasa which missed the top ten by just two points.

My votes would have been different and Hello-Goodbye may have made the top slot if I had known this Beatles's song earlier. I heard it for the first time only after the votes closed. Thanks to our dear Edna I am now richer in good music.

We need a thread that charts the statistics of all the nominators, like percentage of songs in top 10, number of songs nominated, votes recieved etc. Even if everyone did their own it would be really cool. Just a thought, don't know how realistic it would be.

On my lista I've been highlighting my nominations which made the top ten adding the rankings thereon. That's about all I can manage / That's how realistic it can get at my end - juggling work and play. :)

Edited by Guest

We need a thread that charts the statistics of all the nominators, like percentage of songs in top 10, number of songs nominated, votes recieved etc. Even if everyone did their own it would be really cool. Just a thought, don't know how realistic it would be.

it would certainly be interesting to see, but I'm afraid that this could cause the Top Tens to become a competition between the SongFactors... :P :crazy:

like "Haha! I have more Top Ten songs than you!"

And, to be frank, that's the last thing that I want...

I agree , Farin , as I believe we are not all on the same page when nominating nor voting . Some propose/ vote for songs that they think will have a chance to win , while others enjoy offering/ voting for songs that they simply enjoy , get a kick out of , or want to offer as a trip down memory lane , or to educate - and various combinations inbetween . Any compilation of statistics , then , would reveal little or nothing , IMO , and may overcomplicate some lighthearted fun .

ALSO, Farin and I propose to make the next Top Ten another "no nominations of songs by Artists who've reached #1 in our Top Tens" if that's generally acceptable.

Absolutely, I agree. We need top tens with rules often to avoid more domination from Beatles/Stones/Zep/Floyd/CCR/S&G etc. etc.

Congratulations Phil. :)

I think it's about time we got an Elvis Presley song to #1 !!!

Just recapping....

sf_songfactorschoicetop10.jpg

#34 For The Week Ending 15th October 2006.

1. IMMIGRANT SONG - LED ZEPPELIN 1970

2. HELLO GOODBYE - THE BEATLES 1967

3. SMOKE ON THE WATER - DEEP PURPLE 1972

4. HIT THE ROAD JACK - RAY CHARLES 1961

5. ARE YOU LONESOME TONIGHT - ELVIS PRESLEY 1960

6. HURRICANE - BOB DYLAN 1975

7. ROXANNE - THE POLICE 1978

8. WAR PIGS - BLACK SABBATH 1970

9. BITCH - THE ROLLING STONES 1971

10.YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND - QUEEN 1976