It struck me as funny....

RonJonSurfer

We have several random thought topics, but I thought this concept might be good for some humor.

If you see or hear something during the day that strikes you as funny...let us know:

Driving home from work yesterday, I saw a truck from the S&M Cement Service.....for some reason that struck me as funny.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Written on the Special K breakfast bar wrapper. "Strawberry Flavored Fruit Pieces". What the eff does that mean. I mean.... did they infuse strawberry flavoring into apple pieces? Why not just say 'with real strawberries"? Why would you make one piece of fruit taste like some other piece of fruit? Seems like too much trouble, no? The whole thing leaves me suspicious.

I was sitting in my car in the parking lot, waiting for my daughter to get out of work...It was raining a little bit and I saw someone pull into the handicapped parking space....he put his official tag up on the mirror...the door opened and he ran....yep he ran just fine all the way to the door.....that struck me funny...

I guess this thread will be heavily populated by "cute/funny things that children say", but anyway....

Today in the supermarket: due to time-pressures I am allowing my 4 year old to eat his lunch from a lunchbox whilst sitting in the trolley. Part-way round he says, "Daddy, can I go and look on the Halloween aisle?", to which I jauntily reply, "Of course you can, sweetheart". Most unusually, he responds to this by saying in his rather-babyish-for-a-4year old-voice, "Thankyou...I love you, daddy". At this point a couple of old dears, who have heard this sickly-sweet exchange start cooing, my cold heart melts and I give him an appreciative kiss on the forehead.

As we move along the aisle, by way of explanation, and still within earshot of the old dears, he adds, "I love anybody who does what I want...."

Dunno if that's funny or not, but it made me laugh.*

(*Not as much as last night's episode of "Extras", which is still making me laugh today.)

I dropped my daughter off at school today (8th grade) and saw a kid pull up on a retro stingray bike, complete with chrome extended forks (the front wheel was small and at least 3 feet in front of the handle bars. It had a long banana seat with a long sissy bar on the back....a classic and it made me laugh seeing a kid on it 35 years later.

As I'm walking though beautiful downtown Savannah, GA, with a comically oversized pizza, every other person I pass comments with either "Hey, is that a pizza?" or "That's a big pizza!".

So I say now to all of them: "VERY FUNNY." And don't come between a drunkard and his pizza late at night.

this struck me as funny, too. I saw it on "Two and a half men" the other night. You know - Peaches' favorite of all her favorite shows. :grin:

The mom in the show went in for some botox on her lips and came home with her lips cartoonically fattened out. The housekeeper looked at her and deadpanned,"What did you do, fellate a beehive?"

I know, I'm a sick sick person. But that was a funny, funny line. :grin:

this struck me as funny, too. I saw it on "Two and a half men" the other night. You know - Peaches' favorite of all her favorite shows. :grin:

The mom in the show went in for some botox on her lips and came home with her lips cartoonically fattened out. The housekeeper looked at her and deadpanned,"What did you do, fellate a beehive?"

I know, I'm a sick sick person. But that was a funny, funny line. :grin:

I think "According to Jim" is worse than "Two and a Half Men". At least Duckie is on it...that's good for something. That line is hilarious. I did not realize they could use the word fellate on TV. Veddy interesting.