• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. When Doves Cry -- Prince

2. Pretty Ballerina -- Left Banke

3. I Can See For Miles -- Who

4. I'm Blue -- Ikettes

5. All Along The Watchtower -- Dylan

6. Fire -- TCWOAB

7. Time (Has Come Today ) -- Chambers Bros.

8. Stand By Me -- Ben E. King

9. Red Red Wine -- UB40

10.I Wanna Be Sedated -- Ramones

Well I went to the Marshall game last night with all of the Hollwood hoopla. Just a beautiful night. It was about 70 degrees at about 10 pm.

The Clydesdales were very impressive. My wife Janet and I were standing right next to them. Man what beautiful and majestic creatures. McConughey and the Warner Brothers crew walked with the team over to the stadium. They passed right next to us.

Everything was wonderful except for the game outcome. My team got beat 23 to 22 on a last second field goal. I felt as though my heart had been ripped out and stomped on to say the least.

Ok here are my votes

1. These Boots Are Made For Walking. I'm not sure but i think that was one of my earlier nominations. Nancy was every school boys fantasy back in 1966 including this guy doing the typing.

2. Stand By Me A classic slow dance tune. A great little movie takes it's name from this song title

3. Only The Lonely. A great song by a legend who died way too young when he was just starting to make a come back with the Travelling Willburys.

4. Time In a Bottle. A song with great lyrics. Another tragic loss of a young up and coming entertainer.

5. Sundown. A popular hit when I was in the Army reserves at Camp Drum, New York

6. I Can See For Miles. Used in the musical soundtrack to the film Apollo 13.

7. Jack and Diane. From the ole boy from Seymour, Indiana

8. Ride Captain Ride... on your mystrey ship

9. Cherry Hill Park. " all the girls criticzed her all the boys idolized her" That says a lot.

10. Living on Prayer. One of New Jersey's favorite sons. I think Jon Bon Jovi is a genuinely good guy

rtstuff. Tired and disappointed in Herd land. I got about 2 hours sleep last night.

" Hey Jackie take off those Bobby Brooks and let me do like please" John Mellencamp.

These Boots Are Made For Walking. Nancy was every school boys fantasy back in 1966 ...

Yeah, she was pretty hot with her knee high boots. Have you seen her lately? She had a surgeon put so much saline (or something) in her lips that she looks like Donald Duck. Why .. why .. why do women think that is cool? I guess one doesn't have to stand so close in order to kiss.

you can't believe how close it was (well, you will after you've seen the points;))

and here is the long awaited

sf_songfactorschoicetop10.jpg

The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #33 for the week ending 8th October 2006

1. Stand By Me - Ben E. King (1961)

2. I Wanna be Sedated - The Ramones (1978)

3. I Can See for Miles - The Who (1968)

4. Changes - David Bowie (1971)

5. No Matter What - Badfinger (1970)

6. Without You - Harry Nilsson (1972)

7. Behind Blue Eyes - The Who (1971)

8. Every Breath You Take - The Police (1983)

9. Refugee - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers (1979)

10. All Along The Watchtower - Bob Dylan (1967)

See the complete list of the results with the points here:

Top Ten Archive

:headphones:

Well that's a (pleasant) surprise #1. Great nomination Jenny. :)

Where were all the Ben E. King voters when I nominated Spanish Harlem ?

Now if there had been only ONE song by a certain Group nominated, I'd say youknowWho would most likely have gotten there.

That's what happens when you split the votes ! ;)

A great nomination by Peaches too. We almost had a Ramones song at #1 !!!

A great nomination by Peaches too. We almost had a Ramones song at #1 !!!

You know who I blame? Katie Sane.:shades: If Katie had voted "I Wanna Be Sedated " as her No.1 rather than No.3 (:o ??!!! ), we would have had a winner on our hands. Calls herself a Ramones fan?...Hmmmph! }:(

Still, even though I didn't vote for it, you have to say "Stand By Me" is a worthy topper of anybody's chart....

Yay, my first #1!!!!!

I have a story as to why I nominated "Stand By Me". When we were in Disney last month, there was one channel that showed a handful of Disney cartoons on repeat. One of the cartoons featured Timon and Pumbaa from "The Lion King", and Timon sang this while all these horrid things happened to Pumbaa.

Anyway, once home, my daughter requested that I "sing Timon" to her. Singing this to her made me remember how much I have always liked this song....so there it is!

Jenny, that is the sweetest thing ever. The rugrats can be adorable, can't they? :laughing:

You know who I blame? Katie Sane.:shades: If Katie had voted "I Wanna Be Sedated " as her No.1 rather than No.3 (:o ??!!! ), we would have had a winner on our hands. Calls herself a Ramones fan?...Hmmmph! }:(

I honestly had Katie in mind when I nominated it. When I think of The Ramones, I immediately think of Katie. I'm still glad it made it that far. Gabba Gabba Hey!

Onya Jenny !!!

So that's how some of the younger people know it !

I thought it may have been through John Lennon's cover of it.

I was amazed when my Grandaughter was asking me for ELVIS songs a while ago, until I found out about Lilo And Stitch. Great movie.

:)

I honestly had Katie in mind when I nominated it. When I think of The Ramones, I immediately think of Katie. I'm still glad it made it that far. Gabba Gabba Hey!

I'm devastated! I don't know what I was thinking! I so dearly love the Ramones and now I have denied them their first and only number one! :(:(:(

It's great they made it anyway though! :bow: ramones1.gif :bow:

sf_songfactorschoicetop10.jpg

The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #33 for the week ending 8th October 2006

1. Stand By Me - Ben E. King (1961)

2. I Wanna be Sedated - The Ramones (1978)

3. I Can See for Miles - The Who (1968)

4. Changes - David Bowie (1971)

5. No Matter What - Badfinger (1970)

6. Without You - Harry Nilsson (1972)

7. Behind Blue Eyes - The Who (1971)

8. Every Breath You Take - The Police (1983)

9. Refugee - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers (1979)

10. All Along The Watchtower - Bob Dylan (1967)

:)