Marc's Wisdom Hut

MarcM

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a f*cking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suite on hire purchase in a range of f*cking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the f*ck you are on Sunday night. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing f*cking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, f*cked up brats you spawned to replace yourselves. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?

~ Trainspotting

(I don't know why, I just wanted to quote something from that movie... ;))

Sitting on my own not by myself

everybody's here with me

I don't need to touch your face to know

I don't need to use my eyes to see

-Cat Stevens-Ssitting/ Catch Bull At Four-

But then of course he says....

Life is like a maze of doors

and they all open from the side you're on

Just keep on pushin' hard boy

Try as you may you're gonna wind up where you started from.

The anti-wiscom?

At bottom every man knows well enough that he is a unique being, only once on this earth; and by no extraordinary chance will such a marvellously picturesque piece of diversity in unity as he is, ever be put together a second time.

Friedrich Nietzsche