Marc's Wisdom Hut

MarcM

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that but not with all those flies and death and stuff." Mariah Carey

(she didn't actually say that, but it's still funny)

but this is very good and true:

"We could learn a lot from crayons:

some are sharp, some are pretty,

some are dull, some have weird names

and all have different colors

BUT they all exist very nicely in the same box!" A. Nonymus

^^^^^^^^^ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I had a similar situation a few months ago: I had found a "never-listened-to-before" compilation tape that a lad had once given me, ooh..12 years ago, no case on it or anything, with the words "punk rockets" scrawled on the side. I had it blaring out in the car on the way back from my daughter's dance class, all the kids on board. It was cool: a bit of Blitz, The Adicts, Partisans...then suddenly, much to everyone's surprise..."So What?" by Anti-Nowhere League. :o :blush:

I bought a 6 cd compilation of ebay for £3 recently called The Sh*t Factory, and I play a song each morning to the kids in the car. It was Peter's turn this morning (CD2 track 19 I think), and they bouced into the playground singing the only words they could remember.... The yummy mummies weren't impressed...

The lads did like 'Jet Boy Jet Girl' by Chron Gen though... a jolly tune!

Tomorrow - 'Bad Boy' by the Addicts I think...

Way back in the Jurassic Age of VH-1, Tangerine Dream's "Tiergarten" was the program ending music video. I find that it's a great exit tune...it was one of the tunes played on a selection of music for my mother's funeral last year. (She was an elementary school teacher, so the "kids at play" part was appropriate, no?)

Another exit tune radio used to play: "Just Before The News" performed by Loggins & Messina. :beatnik: