I'd like to see someone checking the facts.

Taufel

Really, this is an awesome site and all, but for a site called "songfacts" you really need someone checking the facts. One example I just found was for Black Sabbath's Paranoid. It claims on this site that Paranoid was Sabbath's first single, this is not so, Evil Woman was infact the first single by the founders of heavy metal. The song had been a hit for a band named Crow and the record company wanted to secure some second hand success with the song, so they got the four lads to cut a new version.

Despite being the band's first single, "Evil Woman" was excluded from Black Sabbath's debut album in the United States.

Evil Woman was infact the first single by the founders of heavy metal. The song had been a hit for a band named Crow and the record company wanted to secure some second hand success with the song, so they got the four lads to cut a new version.

I still have the original Crow album... I believe it´s the only record they had. And the song is pretty good... I didn´t know BS made a cover.

According to Billboard, "Paranoid" was Black Sabbath's first single to make the charts in 1970. It peaked at #61. It's possible that the facts were checked against the charts.

Carl does the best job he can with the site and has a team of people who help check facts. If there is ever an issue with a fact that needs to be changed, it is always done promptly and with a big smile.

Feel free to kindly and politely submit any more facts that need to be edited any time you find them. Thanks!

"Evil Woman" is the first single released by British heavy metal band Black Sabbath in 1970. The song also appeared on the band's debut album, Black Sabbath, later that year. It is a cover song originally released by Minneapolis-based band Crow on their 1969 album Crow Music.

Despite being the band's first single, "Evil Woman" was excluded from Black Sabbath's debut album in the United States. The song was first officially released in the U.S. in 1996 when Castle Records reworked and reissued the Black Sabbath catalogue. The first time it was available from the band's own label, Warner Brothers Records, was in 2002 on the compilation Symptom of the Universe: The Original Black Sabbath 1970-1978.

Hi Taufel.

Much of our discography info for artists like Black Sabbath is checked against the MC Strong discography. We make a sincere effort to provide accurate information, but some mistakes will slip through. If you notice an error, please send a note to feedback@songfacts.com and we'll do our best to make the fix.

As with much of researched and asserted facts, they're open to scrutiny, possible ammendents. Even in science we see this all the time. It's people like Taufel who make this place a great resource. We don't take correction negatively, we champion it. Albeit corrections are rare because this place is already a great resource for "song facts".

But it can always be made better.

Thanks Taufel!!

Do I have to send a correction to that email-address? I sent one about a month ago, but not that address but instead I clicked on a button, I don't remember what it said. I just looked for it but I can't find it, it should've been something along the lines of "found a mistake in the facts?".

I think.

Anyway my correction hasn't been entered in the facts yet, so I was wondering whether I should send it to the email address instead, because I thought corrections were updated at the same time as songfacts are entered into the database.

Do I have to send a correction to that email-address? I sent one about a month ago, but not that address but instead I clicked on a button, I don't remember what it said. I just looked for it but I can't find it, it should've been something along the lines of "found a mistake in the facts?".

I think.

Anyway my correction hasn't been entered in the facts yet, so I was wondering whether I should send it to the email address instead, because I thought corrections were updated at the same time as songfacts are entered into the database.

You should click the "Add a Songfact" button at the bottom of the screen where you believe the error is listed. Please allow 6-8 weeks for an update.