The Who and The Pretenders

TheTallOne

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Come to think of it, didn't two of The Pretenders OD a couple of months apart? Who plays with them these days?

Adam Seymour (guitar) and Andy Hobson (bass) are part of the curent line-up. Martin Chambers was there since the beginning. Farndon and Honeyman-Scott died both in 1983.

• 1 month later...

I was at The Who in December at Mohegan Sun. Awesome, awesome show. Pete's brother was on bass.

For those of you who attended, did you hear the announcement that the CD/DVD of that particular show (12/1 Mohegan Sun) was available for sale? All proceeds are going to charities that The Who are involved with. I made the purchase - two CDs and DVD of the Mohegan Sun show. $50 including shipping - not a bad deal. Now I can go to a Who concert anytime I want!! Woo hoo!!

Edited by Guest

In my opinion, Mohegan is an awesome venue for a concert. Seats about 10,000 and there's really not a bad seat in the house. I've seen several folks there - in fact, most of the concerts I've gone to in the last few years have been there. At Mohegan, I've seen Don Henley, Don Henley and Stevie Nicks, Tom Petty, Matchbox 20, CSN, and some others.

Yes, I am our fearless leader's (as in Carl) official fishsitter.

Definitely worth checking out Mohegan for a show. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Mohegan also has a free venue for concerts (the Wolf Den). It's a bar type environment, and first come, first served. No reserved seating and it's pretty small in there. If you're gambling in the neighborhood, you can definitely hear the band that's playing. I was at a concert at Mohegan in the arena recently (can't remember who I saw), but when we got out, Collective Soul was playing in the Wolf Den and we were able to catch their last set.

The benefits and pay for being Carl's fishsitter - in a word - suck. I think I'm gonna hit him up for a raise or else go out on strike!!

The fishsitter position is more important than ever, as is the role of squirrelremover.

D, I named the fish:

Circles - he's the one swimming in circles

Wang Chung - he's the little guy

Marcel - he's the lobster who's always trying to escape