British Film/TV

PSYCHOcatholic

Monty Python, the funniest group of men who ever wore women's clothing. Maybe the funniest group of men ever. The original cast of SNL would have to be up there also, Murray, Chase, Belushi, Akroyd, Morris, recurring guest spots by Steve Martin.

I'm currently addicted to watching "The Office" and "Coupling" on the BBCA channel, as well as the reruns of Monty Python they show. "Wallace and Gromit" were also amusing.

• 7 months later...

I absolutely adore British humour. On TV, some of my favourites are the Blackadder series, Waiting For God, The Rise and Fall of Sir Reginald Perrin, Monty Python, Yes Minister and My Hero. I particularly liked the Elizabethan and Georgian versions of Blackadder. There are two episodes in particular that I remember as being particularly hilarious. In the first, Blackadder, envious of all the royal attention received by Sir Francis Drake, decides to mount a navel expedition to the New World. In the second, Blackadder is challenged to a duel by the Duke of Wellington, played by Stephen Fry. Both of these episodes had me in stitches.

Some of my favourite British comedy films are, Kind Hearts and Coronets, Water, The Lavender Hill Mob, Monty Python and The Holy Grail, The Full Monty, Bedazzled and Waking Ned Devine. Some of these movies like Water and Bedazzled, are not very well known. Water was made by George Harrison's Handmade Films and starred Michael Caine, Brenda Vacarro and Leonard Rossiter. It was a remake of a Peter Sellers film called The Man In The Cocked Hat. The movie is hilarious and well worth watching if you can find it on VHS or DVD. Bedazzled stars Peter Cook (as the devil) and Dudley Moore. Raquel Welch stars as one of the Seven Deadly Sins (I'll let you guess which one). This movie is streets ahead of the remake starring Liz Hurley and Brendan Fraser.