The Songfactors' Choice Ultimate Top Ten Round 4

c_s_1987

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so happy Alive made it to the Ultimate nominations. I'm ready to start campaigning for it to make it to the Ultimate list! :rockon:

We should consider an Ultimate Top Ten "campaigning" thread among those in this section. Doing so would keep that type of communication out of the actual voting threads. That thread will enable us to discuss the merits of specific songs woth more depth and conviction. People can offer links to nominated songs and others will perhaps be exposed to a song for the first time. I know I would probably hear many good songs for the first time. There are so many songs for which I don't vote, only because I do not recognize the names.

I am so happy Alive made it to the Ultimate nominations. I'm ready to start campaigning for it to make it to the Ultimate list! :rockon:

We should consider an Ultimate Top Ten "campaigning" thread among those in this section. Doing so would keep that type of communication out of the actual voting threads. That thread will enable us to discuss the merits of specific songs with more purpose and depth. People can offer links to nominated songs and others will perhaps be exposed to a song for the first time. I know I would probably hear many good songs for the first time. There are so many songs for which I don't vote, only because I do not recognize the names.

I like 'that idea' too. I will like it even better if the 'campaigning thread' would carry some sort of provision to provide MP3 versions of select songs to some less fortunate souls --- I'm talking of yours truly of course :( --- who have not heard of a particular song/artist before, especially if a songfactor wants to canvass his/her nomination. MP3 files are rather large and perhaps this would have to be done by email and not on PTs.

You're So Vain you probably think this Post is about you. ;)

Chris, Farin and I have had a chat about it. I'll check with Carl The Chief(to make sure we're not using too much space or breaching any Copyrights)

and we'll take it from there.

I don't know why you're bothering to canvass for votes though.

PAINT IT BLACK is obviously the best song in the first 4 Rounds. :grin:

VOTE ONE PAINT IT BLACK !!!

:guitar:

THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE ULTIMATE TOP TEN - ROUND 4

1. Gimme Shelter - The Rolling Stones (1970) - 99

2. Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd (1975) - 69

3. Layla - Derek and the Dominos (1970) - 69

4. Kashmir - Led Zeppelin (1975) - 61

5. Bridge Over Troubled Water - Simon & Garfunkel (1970) - 55

6. Good Vibrations - Beach Boys (1966) - 51

7. Voodoo Child (Slight Return) - Jimi Hendrix (1968) - 50

8. House of the Rising Sun - The Animals (1964) - 48