Coldplay

Jillianne

When Parachutes came out, Coldplay got a little following over here, with "Yellow" getting some airplay. They were real popular among musicians.

After Rush Of Blood To The Head, "Clocks" got a lot of airplay and they really took off. They have a sound that is different from most of the stuff on the radio, and it went over very well once people got used to them.

In summary, they have cracked The States.

Man that girl knows how to jiggle her jello.

Too bad she can't sing worth a crap, Black Eyed Peas would be better off without her cramping their style.

I heard on the radio a few years back, that the song "Yellow" was banned from American radio, because it offended the Chinese population, I don't know if this was true or not, could have just been a smart ass DJ, but I haven't heard the song on the air since.

I thought Coldplay turned into a bunch of wankers when they made it big in America. Their album 'Parachutes' was really good though, better than 'A Rush Of Blood To The Head'.

Their song 'Yellow' was used in Australia to promote Daffodil Day (daffodils are yellow flowers), a cancer awareness initiative.

• 1 month later...

Hey, don't insult BEP. I have a nice raunchy pic of her hanging up in my room. Man that girl knows how to jiggle her jello.

Like jello on springs. I agree with ya. BEPs rule :rockon: !

On topic: I dislike Coldplay. Of the group of bands that it can be placed with, they are at the bottom. Here's how things are ranked in order of preference:

Radiohead

Kent

Travis

Aqualung

Rialto

The Catherine Wheel

Ocean Colour Scene

The Bluetones

... and so on and so forth. Coldplay just don't mesh well when pared with these bands. They are the mediatized, cookie-cutter version of all them. It's a good thing 'cause if you really like them you may actually wanna listen to more of that kind of music, but it can be really bad when much better bands are overshadowed by the marketing machine that made Coldplay popular too.

Their song 'Yellow' was used in Australia to promote Daffodil Day (daffodils are yellow flowers), a cancer awareness initiative.

Here in the US it was used for freakin' Dawson's Creek: A show whose only redeeming value is Katie Holmes. She's on perma-puppydog eyes :puppyeyes: I love that! :googly: