Top Posters In This Topic

Are you being rude or just ignorent?

Let's look at the evidence.

What I know about Jon:

• Jon gives "special hugs"
    You found him in the bottom of a cupboard in a church
    He "let you kiss him"
    He's not your boyfriend
    He's "emotionally withdrawn, no-one knows what he feels (if anything) and he's unreadable".
    He's "the most perfect thing on earth", and you're really close.
    He's "deep" in an endearing way.
    You look at his deep brown eyes and know he's going to say something meaningful
    He's caring, sensitive, funny yet serious

To me, at least, it sounds like you might be anthropomorphising about an inanimate friend, such as a cuddly toy.

What I know about BlueFish:

Not much except...

• You're a 17 year old girl, living away from your family (and native land) in a Christian Boarding School
    Emotionally, you give the impression of being up and down like a bride's nightie
    You listen to Chris De Burgh and Metallica in equal measure.
    You have the sickest sense of humour (by your own admission), yet offer "praise to the Lord" and express gratitude for God's love at every opportunity.

It's not beyond the bounds of possibility that Jon has buttons for eyes and half his little furry ear hanging off, is it?

Actully, I found God in a church, the cupboard thing was a joke.

I have a black sense of humor, but i'm not sick.

The discribing Jon As "the most perfect thing" invites people to finsh it with "since sliced bread" or "since the earth was made" your own preference.

Yes i am very emotional, i'm going through a REALLY bad time that i don't want to go into.

His hugs aren't like other people's, you actully feel loved and like he really wants to give you a hug.

Anything else you want clearing up???

Let's look at the evidence.

What I know about Jon:

Jon gives "special hugs"

You found him in the bottom of a cupboard in a church

He "let you kiss him"

He's not your boyfriend

He's "emotionally withdrawn, no-one knows what he feels (if anything) and he's unreadable".

He's "the most perfect thing on earth", and you're really close.

He's "deep" in an endearing way.

You look at his deep brown eyes and know he's going to say something meaningful

He's caring, sensitive, funny yet serious

To me, at least, it sounds like you might be anthropomorphising about an inanimate friend, such as a cuddly toy.

What I know about BlueFish:

Not much except...

You're a 17 year old girl, living away from your family (and native land) in a Christian Boarding School

Emotionally, you give the impression of being up and down like a bride's nightie

You listen to Chris De Burgh and Metallica in equal measure.

You have the sickest sense of humour (by your own admission), yet offer "praise to the Lord" and express gratitude for God's love at every opportunity.

It's not beyond the bounds of possibility that Jon has buttons for eyes and half his little furry ear hanging off, is it?

Thank you b-f. :bow: You just made my day.

I honestly hope he's not a Jim Jones or Warren Jeffries or David Koresh wannabe.

He's never even heard of those guys (neathier have i) and would you all please stop being rude and insulting about it? Jon is so specical to me and it hurt me when people are rude about our relationship. it's really not cool to deliberatly draw the wrong conclusion from things i say, not cool at all...

In the months that I've known Shawna, I've never once seen (actually, read) her being rude or insulting. Sure, she jokes around like most of us, but she's one of the sweetest, most compassionate people you could hope to know. So what you intepreted as rude was most likely just her honestly caring about someone she's just recently met.

:)

Excuse me while I go clean up the mess I made after laughing so hard my bladder released. I'll leave you with that visual.

In the months that I've known Shawna, I've never once seen (actually, read) her being rude or insulting. Sure, she jokes around like most of us, but she's one of the sweetest, most compassionate people you could hope to know. So what you intepreted as rude was most likely just her honestly caring about someone she's just recently met.

I heartily second that.

Thanks, Das and Joe :) :) You both just so made my day - and me say YEAH! That was so nice of you. :)

Bloof - for the record, I was being sincere... because David Koresh, Jim Jones and Warren Jeffries wannabes are NOT people anyone should ever run into. I'm sure your John is not that type, but in today's world, you really really really have to watch people.

My aunt telling me last night about her seeing Eric Clapton last month. She was third row center floor seats! She is in her mid 60's and she was like a teenager talking about the songs he played, the band, consisting of Derek Trucks and Doyle Bramhall II, she is a bigger Clapton fan than I am, and to talk to her for about 45 minutes was great. Now of course I was green with envy that I was not there to enjoy this concert, but when I found out the tickets for her and her friend cost $800, I lived the concert through her, and was happy! Oh yeah for my aunt still rockin' in her 60'S!!