Random Video Posts

Mike

but they never insulted any person or anyone there. it was broad opinions. just about music and a sport. the hillary for president one i can somewhat understand.

why did she need to call a truckload of guys over who got aggressive and started hurling rocks and stones? what was the point in that? none of the presenters were rude or loud or aggro or insulting in their tone or gestures. they wanted to buy gas and move on. that's all :/

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is sad, but there are a lot of places in the deep South that I would not set foot in because of clowns like that. I think the smaller the town, the more people you will find that are intolerant of anyone or anything that is only slightly different from their comfort zone.

they wanted to buy gas and move on. that's all

Sue, get real. They wanted to illicit exactly the response they got. That was their whole point.

Martin, you can put the Swiss into quite a snit just by reminding them that they were neutral about Hitler during WWII. How do I know? Bin dere, done dat.

In Germany or England just ride around in a car that denigrates the local soccer team. Or write on your car that soccer is for sissies.

I once enraged a gasthaus full of Fischbachians by playing the I Was Not A Nazi Polka on the turntable.

Try driving through Baghdad wearing a yamulka with a Star Of David on your car and a sign that says "Mohammed was gay".

It's easy to bring out bad behaviour in less intelligent, emotional people....wherever they may be. The American South has no monopoly on that. Most Southerners (as demonstrated daily on this site) are warm, friendly people just like most Americans.

Edited by Guest
for clarification.

I once enraged a gasthaus full of Fischbachians by playing the I Was Not A Nazi Polka on the turntable.

as I said, I'm simply not creative enough to enrage the local population

and I can very well imagine that playing a song like this in a gasthaus in a small town in the 60s/70s (?) would cause an uproar... :crazy: :P

Did you do it to provoke too?

Actually, it was on an album of folk music by The Mitchell Trio. The first time I heard it was in 1966 while in the army and stationed at Fischbach by Dahn. Coming into my company's mess hall for some coffee at 3 AM after a night of bar hopping I heard raucous laughter coming from a table of German Nationals (post employees) and GI's (on KP).

They kept playing the song over and over. It's quite funny. Yes Martin, imagine it in 1966.

Anyway, I acquired the album and a couple weeks later at a short-timer's party at Mama Gross's Gasthaus I slipped it onto the turntable after playing some rock 'n roll. First I played "Get Together" (yes, the song later done by The Youngbloods) and then "The I Was Not A Nazi Polka"....this at a time when many Germans (most honestly) were denying any involvement/allegience with Nazis.

Well, most of the Germans present laughed but a few were seriously POed. I actually apologized to those who were put out by it. They got even more irked when their own neighbors insisted on hearing the song again and again.

I almost came to blows with one fellow until his buddies broke it up. Cooler heads prevailed but about 7 or 8 left in a huff muttering something in German. I don't believe they were Nazis or Nazi sympathizers. They were just mightily insulted by the implication. Perhaps rightfully so.

If you'd like to hear the song I'll send it to you.

Sue, get real. They wanted to illicit exactly the response they got. That was their whole point.

Martin, you can put the Swiss into quite a snit just by reminding them that they were neutral about Hitler during WWII. How do I know? Bin dere, done dat.

In Germany or England just ride around in a car that denigrates the local soccer team. Or write on your car that soccer is for sissies.

Try driving through Baghdad wearing a yamulka with a Star Of David on your car and a sign that says "Mohammed was gay".

It's easy to bring out bad behaviour in less intelligent, emotional people....wherever they may be. The American South has no monopoly on that. Most Southerners (as demonstrated daily on this site) are warm, friendly people just like most Americans.

:bow: :bow: :bow: