Worth any price

cindy17838

Being that I?m using a friend?s computer in Dallas, I?ll try to keep my story short. I wanted to ?file? this last night but after the concert there was ?much rejoicing? and I had some difficulty navigating the keyboard of the computer. My friends were also making fun of me for even trying. I say after the concert because there was little time for drinking while I was there. Unlike many shows there was no opening act. We arrived a little late at 7:35 and were still walking towards our seats when the ?worship service? started. I realize that Mike (Pink Floyd) has yet to see the show so I won?t give away the playlist. After a short medley of songs, an old classic was played that ?magically? set the evening ?mood?. Geddy then thanked the audience for coming to see the 30th anniversary tour. I will try to quote him. ?Thank you Dallas for coming to see our 30th anniversary show. It?s good to be back here again playing for you. Tonight we are going to play just too many songs.? This, of course, was encouraging and choosing to ignore the obvious pandering the crowd cheered. Around 8:50 we were informed that the group was going to be taking a short break and we were advised to stay around. I had the unique opportunity to be seated behind a family who had brought their nine-year-old daughter to the show; I asked about her age. I watched as the father held her hand and pulled down her two middle fingers so that she could properly pay tribute to the band as others were doing. :rockon: The Japanese custom of bowing had also been taken up by several of the audience members. :bow: I remembered ?Wayne?s World? and how Wayne and Garth were ?not worthy?. Last night none of us ?were worthy?. After the intermission two songs were played then Geddy said, ?Welcome to the second half?. Fortunately Justin and Janet :beady: weren?t there to mess up the halftime show. I used the break as an opportunity to purchase an adult beverage. During Neil?s drum solo :drummer: the little girl, now perched on her father?s shoulders, leaned down and yelled into her father?s ear, ?thank you daddy?. ?Thank you Alex, thank you Geddy, thank you Neil? was what I was thinking. Also thanks to her parents who have now saved the world from yet another Brittney fan. :coolio: I still credit my neighbor across the street for saving me from disco. The couple seated in front of me deserves the same type credit. As the show winded down around 11:05 we in the audience knew that we had witnessed something that had not only ?approached the unreal? but had surpassed it. During the ?rejoicing? that occurred after the show, I somehow lost my watch. Gucci still makes my exact watch. What I witnessed last night was worth any price. In this age of MTV and Clear Channel radio, I was, for one night, ?merely a player? observing all that was ever right about music. To a non-Rush fan it might appear that I have overstated their brilliance. To those I would say, buy a copy of ?Exit Stage Left? or ?Permanent Waves? and let ?the magic music make your morning mood?.

Still not wanting to give away the playlist, but Alex did pull out the double-neck guitar for one song. :thumbsup: And to somewhat paraphrase my signature, "if you choose not to see this show, you have made the wrong choice."