Avenged Sevenfold: "Bat Country"

Viewer's Choice

Fall Out Boy: "Dance, Dance"

MTV2 Award

30 Seconds To Mars: "The Kill"

Ringtone Of The Year

Fort Minor: "Where'd You Go"

Best Direction In A Video

Gnarls Barkley: "Crazy" (Director: Robert Hales)

Best Choreography In A Video

Shakira feat. Wyclef Jean: "Hips Don't Lie"

Best Special Effects In A Video

Missy Elliott: "We Run This"

Best Art Direction In A Video

Red Hot Chili Peppers: "Dani California"

Best Editing In A Video

Gnarls Barkley: "Crazy"

Best Cinematography In A Video

James Blunt: "You're Beautiful"

Best Video Game Soundtrack

"Mark Ecko's Getting Up" (Atari)

Best Video Game Score

"Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion" (Jeremy Soule)

:P

Thanks Farin for putting up the list, it's not too bad, but RHCP deserved more awards than that, IMO. They have gotten pretty commercial with their awards, like (Ringtone of the Year). Last year's event was much better, with GreenDay sweeping the whole awards show.

I didn't watch it because I had to watch Big Brother and I knew MTV would play it at least 452 times in the next 3 days. I really only want to watch it because my future husband Jack Black is hosting.

But I will say that the list of winners sucks. I do like Pink's "Stupid Girls" video...she makes fun of all the anorexic Hollywood skanks.

i watched it last night when it came on...

I enjoyed Lou Reed helping to sing the Opening song with Jack Black introducing.

Jack Black was right...for the past few years, the VMA's have totally sucked the life outta music. Axl Rose was pretty cool to come on towards the end...if only he had sung something.

I remember when Aerosmith was winning everying along with Ozzy! Those were the good days of MTV...when they played videos and music.

Another band i have to comment on is 30 Seconds to Mars, i believe that they will be a very succesful band, and im glad they won an award.

Panic at the Disco is a good band that i listen to sometimes, i try to stay up with alot of the music of today so i can look back one day and tell my kids about it. Cause one day...the music of today will be known as Classic. Sad to say.

I wonder what Classic Rock of today will be in 10 to 20 years?

Panic at the Disco is a good band that i listen to sometimes, i try to stay up with alot of the music of today so i can look back one day and tell my kids about it. Cause one day...the music of today will be known as Classic. Sad to say.

I wonder what Classic Rock of today will be in 10 to 20 years?

I have wondered about this so often...and when the Classic Rock of today will be forgotten.

Same with what you say about telling your children--I've often thought that I should listen more to today's music, because when my children ask me someday What was music like when you were young? I'll have to say Dunno kid, I never listened to it.

Exactly!

Classic Rock today made me what i am, it somewhat formed my personality. And, no offense, but i dont want my kids running around with a half shaved head and 6 inches of hair in front of there face with too much hair gel and pants that dont fit. Cause, music has such an effect on personalities these days...Especially teens.

I wont let todays Classic Rock die out, i told brittany that all the time, i will try to expose them to some of my favorite music. I still will tell them of music of today though.

Heck, music is music, to have it die out is just plain sad.

Unless its Elvis, bye bye Elvis, im not gonna defend you!

Yes, I want my children to know the kind of music I like, and not just what they grow up with...but I do think it won't be easy to tell them about today's music. At least I can say to them that I never walked around with my trousers almost down around my ankles and my boxer shorts exposed for all to see. :crazy:

Music has a lot of influence on people's personalities.

Eh...it depends i guess.

I was exposed to ALOT of Country when i was younger, but my dad liked Classic Rock, and i always went into the attic and found old tapes.

I remember, it was in 4th grade, i picked up a mix tape, and i remember the songs:

Land of a Thousand Dances

Iko Iko

Duke of Earl

Mrs. Brown

Stuff like that, and then i was hooked on old music. Everybody else was listeing to Green Day, Hootie and the Blowfish and i was listening to The Monkees and The Turtles.

Like you said though, i was exposed to alot of country, and today, i really dont like alot of Country, so you got a point.

Attn Older People:

What do your kids listen to??

Actually, you're right, it really does depend. It depends on the music, first of all...my dad listened to Irish music all the time, as far back as I can remember. Since he was listening to good Irish music, like the Chieftains and such, I became an early fan, and still am. He also listened to a lot of smooth jazz. I pretty much despise smooth jazz. In fact, because of my bad experiences listening to songs like "Smooth Operator," I shunned jazz until I was 16, when I got "Headhunters" by Herbie Hancock.

Also, I think it depends on when you start "feeding" kids the music. I still like some of the music my parents played when I was 6 years old (namely the Chieftains and Van Morrison), but my dad started listening to smooth jazz a lot when I was in third grade, which is when kids kind of start thinking for themselves. When kids just learn how to think for themselves, they like to practice their newfound decision making skill by having differing opinions from their parents.

So yeah, there's Batman the rambling pseudo-psychologist.

Bah humbug, I love Jack White!!! Well, I love him in the very manly way a man can love a stranger he doesn't know. However, I've never seen them live, and I've heard they're very sloppy live.

Bah humbug, is that sarcasm I detect? Jazz is not boring at all! In fact, there's a lot of jazz that is a bazillion times more exciting than the average classic rock band (yes, a bazillion).

But if you were being serious, I'm sorry for flipping out. Here's some jazz albums I think a rock fan might like (with little sidenotes in parentheses!)

Miles Davis - "Bitches Brew" (often thought of as the first "fusion" album, a genre which combines jazz and rock n roll)

Herbie Hancock - "Headhunters" (a revolutionary album that brought the funk to jazz. "Chameleon" is near perfection in a song)

Mahavishnu Orchestra - "Inner Mounting Flame" (the opening song, "Meeting of the Spirits," is one of the most absolutely enthralling songs I've ever heard. This is not a 'pure' jazz album, but it does have a lot of jazz, rock, and progressive influence. Plus, it features John Mcglaughlin, who is one hell of a guitarist.)

Miles Davis - "Kind of Blue" (not an exciting album, but a very relaxing album, featuring some of the best trumpeting I've ever heard)

The Bill Evans Trio (This man is great on piano, but I've only got his greatest hits, so I can't reccomend a specific album. Very exciting piano/drums/bass stuff)

If you'd like to know anything more about any of these albums, just let me know! I'd be happy to get someone into jazz.

Oh yeah, and stay away from smooth jazz! It sucks!!! Stay with the regular stuff

I also think "Over and Over" by Hot Chip, "The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song" by the Flaming Lips, and "Aliens" by Dr. Octagon should have won some awards, but they weren't even nominated, because MTV's target audience probably hasn't heard those songs or seen the brilliant videos.