Favorite Steven Spielberg film?

Mike

For me it is no contest! JAWS

is by far his greatest accomplishement, -why do I think this?

Because he overcame huge, huge obsticals and ultimately surrendered himself to the films cast leads (Shaw,Schnieder and Dreyfus) to keep this film *afloat*. The budget ran over, the studio brass was about to close the book on Spielberg and bring in a veteran director to *bail* them out of this perceived waste of film. What actually develope on screen is pure magic though. Another lesson in acting/directing style overcoming the lack of special effects. The shark appears in only a few minutes of the film time(due to technical failures), but what happens around that is what makes this such a great film, what you do not see. The way these three drive the pace of the film is rare. The way they represent the basics of personality traits is unique and phenominal! This film deserves even more credit than it has received in the last 28 years.

Being a WWII history buff, I would have to say the obvious choices, Band of Brothers and Saving Private Ryan. Everytime I see these movies, I am reminded of the sacrafices made by our vetrans and their allies. I can not thank them enough. :bow:

gremlins-photo-gremlins-6200139.jpg

He produced this movie, but didn't direct. It's one of my all time favorite films though, 20 years later & it still doesn't fail to amuse me.

It's too hard to specifically choose just one film by him, so my favorite films Spielberg directed from each decade are.

70's Jaws

80's Raiders of the Lost Ark

90's Schindler's List

00's Minority Report

For me, it's like lays potato chips, I can't pick just one. But here's a few of my favs:

The Money Pit

Poltergiest

Back to the Future

Arachnaphobia

Cape Fear

Schindler's List

Jaws

The Talisman, my favourite King novel, is now in production and scheduled for release in 2005. There should be major effects in this one. He's got his work cut out for him. If anyone can bring the Talisman to the screen it's Spielberg.

Can't wait.

The Talisman, my favourite King novel, is now in production and scheduled for release in 2005. There should be major effects in this one. He's got his work cut out for him. If anyone can bring the Talisman to the screen it's Spielberg.

Can't wait.

Muzik, I did not know that! How did that slip by me? I am already in the seat at the movie theatre, eating popcorn and gummy bears, drinking a Slushie, waiting in breathless anticipation. ::