Metal Music

Mike

I'm on my way to work this morning, I slip in the Best of Judas Priest (Living after midnight) -- Oh yeah baby ... The Green Manalishi, Living After Midnight, Breaking The Law, Hot Rockin', Heading Out To The Highway - "live" at this point I'm pickin' and lickin' while runnin' the fret board of my air guitar right there on I-5 in rush hour traffic... I look over at a guy about my age in a suit and he's wondering what my problem is. I'll tell you what it is buddy, you grew up and I didn't! But I'm gettin' one hell-of-a better adrenaline rush here right now than you are with that double cappacino Starbucks foo-foo drink you got.

Yeah, I love my metal in the mornin' -- that's for sure.

I have always liked some metal music, I think it started with Deep Purple in the early 70's, then I found the more popular stuff of the time. It just was a matter of time before I would discover such greats Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Thin Lizzy, Nazareth, Black Sabbath.

In the 80's, I really enjoyed many bands like Judas Priest, Dokken, Guns n Roses, even Poison had some good stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm on my way to work this morning, I slip in the Best of Judas Priest (Living after midnight) -- Oh yeah baby ... The Green Manalishi, Living After Midnight, Breaking The Law, Hot Rockin', Heading Out To The Highway - "live" at this point I'm pickin' and lickin' while runnin' the fret board of my air guitar right there on I-5 in rush hour traffic... I look over at a guy about my age in a suit and he's wondering what my problem is. I'll tell you what it is buddy, you grew up and I didn't! But I'm gettin' one hell-of-a better adrenaline rush here right now than you are with that double cappacino Starbucks foo-foo drink you got.

Yeah, I love my metal in the mornin' -- that's for sure.

I have always liked some metal music, I think it started with Deep Purple in the early 70's, then I found the more popular stuff of the time. It just was a matter of time before I would discover such greats Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Thin Lizzy, Nazareth, Black Sabbath.

In the 80's, I really enjoyed many bands like Judas Priest, Dokken, Guns n Roses, even Poison had some good stuff.

AC/DC's "Stiff Upper Lip" at jet engine volume on a bleary Monday morning. Yessir, the cure for what ails you.