Celebrity Duets

Jenny

Is anyone planning on watching this? It starts tonight at 8 on FOX (where else?)as a two-hour premiere. Singers such as Smokey Robinson and Chaka Khan will be pairing up with celebrity non-singers (like Peachy's avatar, Alfonso Ribiero) to sing duets in a competition.

I will try to see as much of the first hour as I can, since I am usually getting my daughter to bed between 8-9, but I will definitely be catching the second hour.

Tonight was pretty a good show...

I kinda knew off the bat that Chris Jericho would be gone. His heart was in the right place...but his voice wasnt.

Lucy Lawless is gonna give people a run for their money as well as Alphonso Rebeiro(if thats spelled right)

Cheech Marin is probably one of my favorites, not too mention all fo the actually singing celebs. Get rid of Michelle Williams and everything with be GREAT!

I missed most of the first hour, but caught the second hour...Chris Jericho and Carly Patterson were definitely the worst, with Hal Sparks closing in.....Little Richard talked nonsense. David Foster is supposed to be the "mean" one, but really, he didn't offer enough constructive criticism, IMO. It just seemed like they all were getting complimented no matter what.

I like Alfonso....I hope he wins.

There are no words to express how much I loved this steaming pile of crap. It's desperate low rate celebrities, off key singing, some great but mostly off the radar singers, and Little *&^%ing Richard. How have I lived without this my whole life?

My two favorites are Jai Rodriguez and Hal Sparks. Jericho definitely should have gone, but Cheech should be next. Years of smoking the ganja have done nothing to improve his voice. I also dig my man Alphonso and am proud that he's my avatar. None of the girls do anything for me, but I must say that Lucy Lawless was absolutely gorgeous. She doesn't look all dudely like she did when she was Xena.

Overall, I give the show a 329 out of 10. :bow:

I don't watch things like Big Brother or Survivor or shows where all people do is snipe at each other. I like this type of show where it's just silly fun.

Usually these "stars" need the publicity and it was pretty obvious that all the musicians participating had new albums to promote, so if we get a little mindless entertainment in the process, who does it hurt?

I guess you're right, Joe.....but the same could be said about music or movies...there's a lot of drivel out there, and there has always been, and it's hard for the truly talented to rise among the drivel.

So I guess I can be marked guilty for contributing to the cultural ruination of the country by watching this show. I promise I will watch something on the History Channel to offset this.

LOL, Jen, Jen....I was nitpicking. No need to do pennance. With Digital Cable, Satellite and DVR there's enough opportunity to find quality TV programming somewhere.

I occasionally watch some of those shows. I watched the opening act of Duets and I've caught various pieces of Dancing With The Stars. Mindless? Perhaps, but entertaining nevertheless.

Oh, and instead of the History Channel make that Discovery...especially Cash Cab. Awesome show.

If you want intelligence, go to the library and read a book, don't look to the boob tube for enrichment. My life is stressful and my brain operates at full capacity from morning til night. I like to watch mindless drivel as a harmless distraction. There are a million different channels out there...some can be for thought provoking shows and some can be for crap. It's up to you what you choose to watch.

And I choose crap.

• 4 weeks later...