Clapton? Anyone attending?

MoonBeach03

no, it's not too bad, I guess, especially if the concert is important

it's roughly 3-4 hours to Berlin and another one through it (depending where it is and on traffic), sometimes there are good train connections...

what I wanted to say was, that we have a perfectly good concert site here and some good concerts too, but just not the really big acts, you know?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

He's not human. He can't be. A human can not make a guitar sing like he can. He opened up with a bluesy set that I didn't recognize, but got the crowd going. Then he went into an amazingly beautiful version of Hendrix's "Little Wing" that made me cry. The acoustic set in the middle was also incredible. Most of the set seemed to center around his Derek and the Dominoes days, including "Layla" and one of my favorite Dominoes songs, "Why Does Love Got To Be So Sad?". The encore consisted of "Cocaine" and one of my favorite songs of all time, "Crossroads". The other two guitarists held their own beside Clapton. Derek Trucks is one of the greatest slide guitarists I've ever seen. All in all, another brilliant concert. Up next, The Who! :cool: :rockon:

Then he went into an amazingly beautiful version of Hendrix's "Little Wing" that made me cry

Wow, looks like you´ve been blessed with a great time, Tim... :cool: My fave Clapton performance is Hendrix´ "Little Wing" :bow: I just adore that song and how he plays it...