Thoughts for Darryl

Steel2Velvet

Over in the Top Ten thread, most folks have already given support to "Old 55," aka Darryl from Australia, who begins to wage a battle against malignant cancer.

I just wanted to make a new thread where we can offer a thought for Darryl to fold into his heart as he starts this menacing journey.

This is one that gives me great inspiration:

"The wise man in the storm prays to God, not for safety from danger, but for the deliverance from fear. It is the storm within that endangers him, not the storm without." Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a commercial here promoting a charity for cancer. It shows a small child afflicted with cancer, but the child repeats a couple of times throughout the commercial "I will get through this." And I believe him. Darryl, I send good vibes to you..

Ken.

I don't possess the lyrical faculties to be as profound with my thoughts as S2V...

Darryl... you are truly something special. I will send you positive thoughts every day, which will not stop when you deliver us the news that you are going to be just fine. :)

Darryl...I'm sure you know how much you mean to us...When I found Songfacts, I found a bunch of great people that love music as much as I do...You've kept in touch with all of us with your great games and with all your thoughts about music and such....You've been a big part of our lives, and we hope all the best for you....I know we will be seeing you soon....Please Take Care, I'll be saying a prayer for you and your family...

Darryl there are so many inspirtational lines and stories out there to give you comfort. I keep going back to the line in that favorite movie of mine the Shawshank Redemption. I truly believe this line with all my heart.

Near the end of the movie as Red(Morgan Freeman) is reading a letter written by Andy after he has escaped and it says "Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things,and a good thing never dies.". I know I have used this quote a number of times at various places on this message board, but I truly believe in what it is saying.

God's speed to a quick recovery my friend.

Tom

I just wanted to note...

The next 24 hours will be very important ones to out dear friend. Prayers are important to him. If all his friends would please just say an extra one today, and send out special thoughts for he and his family, I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated.

Darryl, my thoughts are with you and your family today and always. Come back soon...