Sign in to follow this  
TheTallOne

Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame

I just drove 12 hours to Clevland just to go to the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame. Has anyone else been there? Do you agree with the Sex Pistols that it's a disgrace (I might be paraphrasing ;) ). I enjoyed it and was fascinated by the things they had. So much memorabilia that you can't see anywhere else, and some stuff that you didn't think you needed to see. Plus, they had a cool gft shop.

It's pretty awesome. I actually didn't like the gift shop and was turned off by the lack of attention to the "classic rock" bands (Zep, the Who, Queen, Pink Floyd, CCR, Skynyrd, Allmans) and how they completely ignore prog (Rush, King Crimson, Jethro Tull and so on).

I also thought there was too much addition to the earlier rock singers (who I think are just hard country, not real rock). I definentaly agree that some more attention should have been payed to classic rock.

I made a pretty lengthy post about the R&R Hall of Fame building before on a site, maybe this one. I don't think I could even begin to anticipate the amount of energy & determination I put into that post, to try & restimulate the projection once again. So I'll just leave it as that.