Random Lists of Random Things

PSYCHOcatholic

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't had any serious internet related problems since joining here, and if I had I would have no bloody clue whether this website was responsible in any way.

So you're trying to tell us that we should be worried whenever we post anything on the internet? Well, this is what we enjoy doing. If you are worried about privacy invasion, you do whatever you think is necessary to avoid it. However, if we continue to use these forums, there is pretty much nothing we can do about privacy invasion, except for using Adaware or something similar.

We all know about the dangers the internet poses, and I don't really see why you are trying to explain more about these dangers when we don't really understand them in the first place, and probably never will. We just do what we can.

Finally, can one of the moderators please move this to another topic? This seems very off topic to me. :)

Fpatrick, as Shawna told you, we are a nice bunch of non-serious people, we welcome every new poster -I think we welcomed you as well- but your posts are so so so so long that they´re impossible to read, and no one understands what you mean (OK, we know about the internet dangers) or what your intentions are. You repeat long speaches (Random Lyrics thread) and it sounds like spam to me...

So not only you need a thick skin but also short and interesting posts about music, to start with...

Well, I said "it sounds like spam to me ", that´s my impression, I´m not talking for the others... but anyways, I don´t think Songfacts is the place to post never ending posts about... what you post. I didn´t mean to offend you.

there's one thing I can't understand at all...

didn't you tell us that you were working for IBM, Microsoft and whatnot, but on the other hand you're asking for explanations about various computer related things...

:stars:

you mustn't forget that this is the "Songfacts" forum, a site that is dedicated to popular MUSIC and some trivia about it - there are hardly any experts about the subjects you mentioned here. If you have any MUSIC related questions / discussions I can assure you that you almost can't find a better community to share them with (or get answers to) :)

if you're really looking for some answers I can recommend this site. I bet they would like to read your posts :)

Edited by Guest

fpatrick ;

I think I can see now that after so many posts that you are trying to warn us about 'something' - which is in no way is in the least bit clear to anyone here . However , you are starting to resemble the stereotype of the guy walking around with the ' The End is Here ' sign . You're overloading everyone with your message - whatever it is - and as Farin noted , this is not a site where people who have an interest in computers or programming or computer security issues , first and foremost , should post or hang out , as the site is designed around a shared interest in music , primarily .

I would suggest that you drop this topic or theme , if it is all you have to contribute or want to talk about , and find a thread telling us , in a more common tongue if possible , which songs / groups you like ; or whatever other more common , everyday things are on your mind as seen in other threads .

If we are being pirated by other sites or having our security breached , perhaps you could lay that out more simply , as most here are not ' computer-speak ' folk . Likely though , most here couldn't care less if their posts or thoughts are being hijacked to someone else's blogs / myspaces / etc . since , as Shawna noted , we don't take ourselves too seriously here - nor should you . Steal away ! We all realize that there are certain ( mostly unknown ) dangers in posting and adding to a message board but no one here likely cares , nor has reported any related problems in doing so in my 3 years here that I can ever recall .

Apparently fpatrick replied, but the posts got deleted before I read them... looks like I was mentioned? Well, whatever it was you said -- I still don't have a clue what you're talking about in your posts, and I haven't yet changed my opinion... perhaps I would have, had I read the deleted posts.

And thank you, edna. :)

Edited by Guest

And I want to know what was said now :grin: :grin:

some name-calling, eh? Well, were there supporting arguments? Or are we now allowed to call fpatrick paranoid without giving a clinical description and a thesis on why we hold such a belief?

Best Beer (not my list)

1. Drop Top Amber Ale

by by Widmer Brothers

2.mactarnahan's amber ale

by MacTarnahan's Brewery

3. Newcastle Brown Ale

4. Stella Artois

by Belgium

5. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

6. Pilsner Urquell

by Czech beer

7.widmer hefeweizen