Odd Crushes

skybluesky

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

melissa_etheridge.jpg

Melissa Etheridge...I just love her voice and talent. She is beautiful inside and out. I know I am a chick, but there is just something about her.

Twins for Melissa and Tammy

Rocker and activist Melissa Etheridge and her partner Tammy Michaels are delighted to announce the arrival of their son Miller Steven and their daughter Johnnie Rose on Tuesday October 17, 2006. Tammy and the babies are in excellent health.

Statement from Melissa and Tammy: “The creation of life brings about immeasurable love, and pours hope into the future… The joy will help carry us through our upcoming sleepless nights.â€

They divulged in April that Michaels was pregnant by way of an anonymous sperm donor. Etheridge also said at the time that while this is their first time conceiving together, it is not their first time parenting, as Michaels has been an active presence for the past five years in the lives of Etheridge's two kids with ex-partner Julie Cypher.

;)

I heard him sing in Love Actually where he played a rock star making a comeback with a cheesy, cliche-ed, sickeningly sweet Christmas song. He wasn't too bad. I like his hair. And I also saw him in The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Small part but still great to watch him :)

I had some vague feelings, which might be described as a crush but I would prefer to regard as "an unspoken admiration", for Chumbawamba vocalist Alice Nutter.

I can't do this photo thing, (maybe somebody could talk me through t again... :blush: ), but there are some photos of Alice here if you're unsure who I mean: http://www.geocities.com/q-25.geo/cwpan.html

This "admiration from afar" business can be a bit awkward. I knew Alice through being in bands in the same city / music scene: we supported Chumbawamba a couple of times and Alice once interviewed me and my band-mates for Maximum Rock'n'Roll...

She was a fine combination of friendly, funny and feisty. I once invoked her ire by referring to fellow Chumba Dunstan as a "tw*t": she wasn't vexed at me insulting her colleague, but that I had used a sexist epithet to do so. But then on another occasion, she grumbled entertainingly about some feminextremist weirdos who had declared her a pariah on account that she chose to wear make-up on special occasions...

Don't tell her about this, will you? We still live in the same city, I'm a respectable married man, etc...Careless talk costs lives,'n all that.... :blush:

I do know her by her original real name, having first met her when "Alice Nutter" was just a stage name. However she changed her name by deed poll over ten years ago. I haven't seen her to talk to for quite a few years. If I met her now, I'm not sure how I would undress her...errrr....I meant address her , of course :blush: ....