Odd Crushes

skybluesky

Errrr...No. Obviously, I know what Morrissey looks like. But the world-wide audience may not. (How would I know? :P )

I just thought that depicting Ian Broudie, (frankly a bit of an eyesore), with Morrissey's name underneath, there was a risk of some confusion there...A nice pic of the handsome devil himself might have clarified matters and "evened things up" at a stroke.

Fret not, 'twas of no import. ;)

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You couldn't find a picture of Morrissey?

In your shoes, I'd be more embarrassed at fancying Ian Broudie than Morrissey, who's quite remarkably handsome in comparison (as well as being witty, erudite, sensitive, etc.)

I'd be a-shocked and a-shamed to discover how someone here doesn't know what Moz looks like :elvis: Moz doesn't seem - to me - like an "odd" crush. That's how his whole spiel works: Aloof and morose is what gets the chicks :cool: Now, if she would've said Marc Almond from the early days of "Frustration" (or any day, actually), I'd be quite surprised at the odd choice of person AND music :beatnik:

soft_cell_frustration.jpg

I met Marc Almond in the early eighties and he´s just the same on stage than in real life. Maybe more exagerated in real life... :laughing: He´s very nice but acted and looked like Boy George only smaller and without all that hair...

I think it's the other way around, Boy George acted and looked like Almond. Even though they both got their start around the same time, Marc Almond got there first. A bit of an admirable thing for a genre which changed stylistically from year to year. Also, Marc IS a scary fellow :cool:

I think calling oneself a geek or nerd is the ' new cool ' as it's a win-win proposition : one is considered either self-depricating and humble , or a potential billionaire in the making - or both ! :)

Funny you say that about being a billionaire Kevin, the "geek" I went to after-prom with is now big time rich!! If I had only waited! I just found this out a couple of months ago from my high school friend, she said he has major bucks now. Damn!

Even now I am able to reduce dinner parties to either a stunned silence or hilarity when I 'confess' a certain adolescent regard for the form and function of Martina Navratilova. Even though she subsequently came out as batting for the other side (so to speak)I felt that she might have re-considered had she and I ever had the opportunity to meet convivially.

:blush: