Dylan - Modern Music Stinks

RonJonSurfer

Dylan: 'Modern Music is Atrocious'

"I don't know anybody who's made a record that sounds decent in the past twenty years..."

Music legend Bob Dylan hasn't heard a decent record in 20 years, because modern recordings are "atrocious."

The singer, who has released eight LPs in the last two decades, is disheartened that his new album sounds so much better in the studio than on disc and can understand why music fans download their music for free on the internet.

He says, "I don't know anybody who's made a record that sounds decent in the past twenty years, really."

He adds of illegal downloading, "Well, why not? It ain't worth nothing anyway.

"You listen to these modern records, they're atrocious, they have sound all over them. There's no definition of nothing, no vocal, no nothing, just like ... static.

"Even these songs probably sounded ten times better in the studio when we recorded 'em. CDs are small. There's no stature to it."

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2006

Wow...that is a surprising statement from Bob Dylan, guess he thinks he is the only one worth listening to. Man, The Stones, Clapton, Springsteen and all those others who have been making music the past 20 years are just worthless I guess....NOT!! Bob will regret his words I am sure. Maybe he can hang out with Owen Wilson!! :laughing:

I'm one of the 12 people that owns Planet Waves. I haven't listened to it in 25 years.

I´m among that dozen too... but I discovered some very beautiful songs: "You, angel you", "Hazel"... and some others I don´t remember by now.

And "Something There Is About You" too.

Edited by Guest

Music legend Bob Dylan hasn't heard a decent record in 20 years, because modern recordings are "atrocious."

The singer, who has released eight LPs in the last two decades, is disheartened that his new album sounds so much better in the studio than on disc and can understand why music fans download their music for free on the internet.

"You listen to these modern records, they're atrocious, they have sound all over them. There's no definition of nothing, no vocal, no nothing, just like ... static.

"Even these songs probably sounded ten times better in the studio when we recorded 'em. CDs are small. There's no stature to it."

Have a look at the highlighted parts. I agree that he isn't commenting on the quality of the music, only the recording quality.

Edited by Guest