Blues Brothers(1st Album)

Hotel California

McCartney

Best Of the Beach Boys, Vol. 2

45s:(PT 1)

California Girls/Let Him run Wild-The Beach Boys

How Sweet It Is/Sarah Maria-James Taylor

Leaving On a Jet Plane/The House Song- Peter, Paul, And Mary

The Chipmunk Song(The Chipmunks)/ Almost Good(David Seville)

Spiders & Snakes/Undecided-Jim Stafford

United we Stand/Say A Prayer-The Brotherhood of Man

AJAX Liquor Store/The Hippie & The Redneck-Hudson & landry

Love Me/Night train-J.C. Four(My Grandfather's band)

Uncle Albert\Admiral Halsey/Too Many People-Paul & Linda Mccartney

Me and Julio down by the school yard/Congratulations-Paul simon

The Love You save/I found that Girl-Jackson 5

Bride Over Troubled Water/Keep the customer Satisfied~Simon & Garfunkel

The Rain, the park and the other things/River Blue-The Cowsills

No matter What/Carry on Till tomorrow-Badfinger

You're Sixteen/Devil woman-Ringo starr

I'm Henry VIII, I am/The End of the world-Herman's Hermits

Mrs. Robinson/Old Friends\Bookends-Simon & Garfunkel

Superstar(Murray head)/John Nineteen Forty One(Orchestra)

While My Guitar Gently Weeps/Blackbird-The Beatles ("For Jukeboxes only" blue vinyl)

See you tomorrow for part II

I own a lot of cd's butI've only started collecting LP's and 45's in the last two years. A lot I got for free because they belonged to my parents or relatives (and most of those were pretty ordinary). I've bought some LP's from markets; Alice Cooper, KISS, T.Rex, The Beatles and some others. The nicest one I own is my mother's copy of Elton John's 'Goodbye Yellow Brick Road' with the fantastic artwork and fold out cover.

The LP that I listen to the most is 'Tapestry' by Carole King which I got in perfect condition for free at the markets. What a bargain!

Including .45's & LPs / Records & Vinyl right?

I would have to track down several boxes that are buried in attics, of relatives, old friends, & ex-girlfriends, spanning over a few decades. I can't even figure to give an estimate, but maybe one day I'll come back & post it all. :grin:

I was on a boardwalk down the Jersey shore last night. A boardwalk I've been going to for over 40 years (Seaside Heights).

Hey Ron, I used to spend 2 weeks every summer in SSH with my Uncle Rocky who was the mayor of SSH for several years. He was the family patriarch and he had 3 daughters so he really enjoyed having me around. I went everywhere with him. I always got to have a coke with a cherry in it when we stopped by The Chatterbox Saloon. Is that still there?

I kissed my first girl (I was 11) at the theater on the Boardwalk but I don't remember the name. (The theater's not the girl's..she was Peggy, a cute pigtailed blonde from Asbury Park).

Unc had a big house on the corner of Lincoln & Barnegat.

I remember they had a booth (phonebooth sized) on the boardwalk where you could record a .45 RPM record. I did that in 1957 or 58 and sent it home to my Mom. She still had it 20 years ago. On the record I described the crash of a zeppelin that occurred out over the surf. I didn't really see the crash, just the debris and oily ocean that resulted.

Anyway, thanks for triggering many happy memories including Skee Bal, giant baseball cards, hermit crabs, Peggy, etc..

Alas, much of that is gone UJ. The Chatterbox surviced until 5-6 years ago, no theatre or recording booth anymore.

There are still two big carousel's...one at the north end and the other at the south. The mini-golf course that is built up one level on the north end is still there. there is also a sky ride that does from the mini-golf course to the end of the northern boardwalk. Marruca's Pizza still lives.

Like so much of the shore, condos are replacing the older buildings. You may not recognize the place, but make a trip back some day. I'll meet you there.....

• 1 month later...

Bear with me if this is obvious, but I didn't grow up with records: is there any way I can tell if a record is from the first pressing, or the second or whatever? For example, my records have the date of the original release on them, say, 1969, but how can I tell if my record is really from 1969 or if it's from some rerelease in 1977 for instance?

Hm...I just had a look at my Tommy album (vinyl, not CD), and on the sleeve it only says 2657 002 Stereo on it, and no date at all. On the record itself it says 1969, but that's the year it was originally released, so I don't know if that tells me anything...

On the sleeve of my Quadrophenia album on the other hand it says 1973, (again, the year it was released) and then MCA2-10004, which is the record company and then probably the number of the record or something...

It's not really important, I'm just curious.

I just googled the number from your Tommy album and apperantly it's the "TRACK label cat. no."

which, after what I found, were given to the original release, and two re-releases from the same year...

generally I would say, that when you only find one year, then this is probably also the release date...

(as opposed to eg ©1969/1973 or something similar)

I didn't think of googling...:crazy:

Thanks a lot! I googled the numbers for Quadrophenia, and apparently it's from the original pressing as well. I got Tommy for a quarter of the price they list on several sites and Quadrophenia for twice as much.

In any case, for some reason I really like the fact that I have albums from the years they were originally released. :) Thanks Farin and edna!