COME ON people

Danielj

We have an album reviews section, and I know everyone here listens to music! Unfortunately, almost all the reviews onthe first page are mine or Batmans, so pick up the slack, and review some albums, so everyone can get a broader sense of what you like, and find some new artists!!!!!!!!!!!

I will probably do done when I don't have so much uni work to do. Since I only normally buy greatest hits albums, and the only greatest hits album I own that is from a band that isn't very popular in the US and UK is Fingerprints by Powderfinger, it might have to be that.

Edited by Guest

I might do some small review if I'm in the mood...but it seems to me that most people review albums by rather unknown artists, and I don't feel enthusiastic enough about any relatively unknown band to write half a page about them. Thus I'd invariably end up writing a review of something by either the Who or the Small Faces, but if you don't mind reading the umpteenth review of something you've heard and read about a dozen times already, I'd be happy to contribute something some time in the future. I'm just not sure if that's really what you're looking for.

I might do some small review if I'm in the mood...but it seems to me that most people review albums by rather unknown artists, and I don't feel enthusiastic enough about any relatively unknown band to write half a page about them. Thus I'd invariably end up writing a review of something by either the Who or the Small Faces, but if you don't mind reading the umpteenth review of something you've heard and read about a dozen times already, I'd be happy to contribute something some time in the future. I'm just not sure if that's really what you're looking for.

I think it'd work to everyone's benefit if you did reviews of unknown bands and/or obscure albums. This is one of the better ways to introduce listeners to new music they'd otherwise miss out on.

Yeah, well, as I said, I'm not enthusiastic enough about any obscure band. Albums is a different matter, A Quick One by the Who is a fairly obscure album for example, but it's a bad album too and even though I'd probably be able to muster up enough enthusiasm simply because it's by the Who, I have my doubts whether anyone would want to read about it.

Well, probably beside the point. But that's my reasons for not posting in the Album Reviews sections.

I read them all, even if I don't comment on them. Especially Batman's. He really knows his poop and I usually have no idea what he is talking about, so I don't want to look like an idiot. But I do think this is a fabulous forum.

And Seeker, don't assume because it's a best selling album and you know it that everyone else does. I know of the Who and quite a few of their songs, but I don't think I've ever listened to an album all the way through.

I wonder if people are jaded because they write reviews for the Music of Choice section and somehow feel neglected in that arena. We may be missing out on those reviews. I know that I took all the reviews I wrote for MoC and added them here as well. Perhaps if everyone did that it would be a shot in the arm for this forum.

Thoughts, comments, off color remarks? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

I think a lot of us read them, but it takes a little more to write one. I don't know enough obscure stuff, and what I do know, I can't write about as well as Batman and others can. I also don't have time to check out every album reviewed, but I do try.

I can take a crack at it, but rest assured, it will be a short review...which is why I keep mine in MoC, because it's my understanding that an extensive review is not needed there.

It's the same as Creative Writing....not everyone can write, but it's nice that the forum is there for those who can and choose to do so.

I think a lot of us read them, but it takes a little more to write one. I don't know enough obscure stuff, and what I do know, I can't write about as well as Batman and others can. I also don't have time to check out every album reviewed, but I do try.

I can take a crack at it, but rest assured, it will be a short review...which is why I keep mine in MoC, because it's my understanding that an extensive review is not needed there.

It's the same as Creative Writing....not everyone can write, but it's nice that the forum is there for those who can and choose to do so.

that's the reason for me too. I'm just not so profound to write a great review like Batman and DanielJ

so if you don't want one sentence reviews of the kind "the album is, like, really cool", than I better stay out of it... :grin:

I'll read it... if it's something rare and obscure.

I agree. Usually I read posts, & not type posts as often. DanielJ your a good critic, I would type out a few reviews, but there's always the fright, of second thoughts & conclusions I wage conflict on myself. Damned Vicious Cycle; is to bleme.