Stupid sayings that don't make sense

Mike

"I could care less."

That one makes me NUTS. Using this verbiage means that you care so much there is ample room for you to care less about soemthing.

The correct saying is "I couldn't care less," thereby stating that you care so little about something there is no room for you to care less about it.

This one drives me crazy too! I once had someone tell me they admired my 'care-a-damn' attitude.

:stars: :confused: :laughing:

"Money doesn't grow on trees"

Who the hell came up with this?

Aside from the fact that it's intended to relate to "wasting" money, therefore, it's implying that wasting things that "do" grow on trees is acceptable... It's sound really stupid!!

Another one...

"It's raining cats and dogs" -ok, I'm well aware of the folklore and rumors of it's origin, but let's face it... It's just plain stupid sounding too!

Finally, "Getting caught with your pants down".. wait, on second thought...I'm not touching this one.

Describing the weather as "hot as hell" and "cold as hell." Well, is hell hot or cold? Make up your minds, people!

As much as I'd hate to have to correct something in my first post here...

According to Dante, hell is divided into layers, on these layers exist different punishments, it just so happens that on one layer people are punished by fire, and at the centre they are encased in ice. So unfortunately for people like batman, who hate these sayings being uses with one another, its quite possible for both of them to hold meaning. ;)

As much as I'd hate to have to correct something in my first post here...

According to Dante, hell is divided into layers, on these layers exist different punishments, it just so happens that on one layer people are punished by fire, and at the centre they are encased in ice. So unfortunately for people like batman, who hate these sayings being uses with one another, its quite possible for both of them to hold meaning.

The Divine Comedy was a work of fiction. As is hell.

The Divine Comedy was a work of fiction. As is hell.

Id ask you to elaborate on your clearly watertight arguement, but I know how its going to end. Something along the lines of, "Ok prove the non existence of hell"... "I cant"... "Oh, ok well whats to say hell doesnt exist?"..."Nothing"..."Oh snap! Another one bites the dust"..

Riiiiight, because cats would never say anything less than profound.

I wouldn't know, Georgia Peach. Cats are smelly and leave waaay too much dander around the house for me to care. You'll never hear a dog say it, though. They're just as smelly and messy, but they got a bit o' more personality in spite of their uncanny loyalty.

i dont believe in any of that stuff (god, heaven, hell, satan .etc). i think it's completely insane how sooo many people do

Yep. There has never been anything supernatural or paranormal happen on this earth. All those stories of miraculous happenings and unfathomable coincidence are all made up. Every one of them. It's that simple.

Ain't science great!