Martian Boogie

windy1

I'm putting together a couple cds for my husbands 50th birthday party. I want it to have the songs that he really loved and want it to be a mix of party songs,serious songs, novelty songs, and there has to be a couple dope songs songs cause this was the 70's after all. I've got Don't bogart that joint my friend. Looking for a couple others. One is called Martian Boogie- don't know the artist. The other is something by Blackoak Arkansas. It's not a novelty song or anything, it was just a song he really liked- I think the word Nasty is in the title. Any help or suggestions for other songs would be appreciated! thanks!! :help:

I couldn't believe this thread got to the second page :: I guess music hasn't been quite the topic of discussion as of late :: We'll fix that ::

Yes, 'The Martian Boogie' is by the "Smokin' in the Boy's Room" band, "Brownsville Station." My favourite of BS is "Kings of the Party." This also do great covers of "I'm the Leader of the Gang" and "Barefootin'."

As for Black Oak Arkansas, I'd go with "Lord Have Mercy on My Soul." The one you've described is more than likely, "Hot and Nasty." There's a BOA tune that mentions in a line about gettin' high is "When Electricity Came to Arkansas."

Okay, I sure love the 70's so here's some choices ...

party/rocker songs

- Rock and Roll All Nite (KISS)

- Shout it Out Loud (KISS)

- Bang a Gong (Get it On) - T. Rex

- School's Out (Alice Cooper)

- We're an American Band (Grand Funk)

- All Right Now (Free)

- Ballroom Blitz (Sweet)

- Never Been Any Reason (Head East)

- My Sharona (The Knack)

- China Grove (Doobie Brothers)

- Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress) - The Hollies

serious/radio hit songs

- Two out of Three Ain't Bad (Meat Loaf)

- Baker Street (Gerry Rafferty)

- Year of the Cat (Al Stewart)

- Fly at Night (Chilliwack)

- Cold as Ice (Foreigner)

- It Never Rains in Southern California (Albert Hammond)

novelty/fun/sing-a-long songs

- Hooked on a Feeling (Blue Swede)

- The Night Chicago Died (Paper Lace)

- Little Willy (Sweet)

- Margaritaville (Jimmy Buffet)

- Afternoon Delight (Starland Vocal Band)

- Knock Three Times (Tony Orlando & Dawn)

pop

- Dancing in the Moonlight (King Harvest)

- Moonlight Feels Right (Starbuck)

- Kiss You All Over (Exile)

- Sundown (Gordon Lightfoot)

- Undercover Angel (Alan O'Day)

- Silly Love Songs (Paul McCartney & Wings)

I could go on ... just let me know :)

Thanks guys! I could've kicked myself for not knowing Brownsville Station.And ant, you've given me more ideas. I'm gonna come up with about 4 hours of good music. And speaking about sing-a-long type stuff, you reminded me of our group of friends favorite -- Chicken Train by The Ozark Mountain Daredevils Great song to sing and Bawk Bawk to! ;)

And speaking about sing-a-long type stuff, you reminded me of our group of friends favorite -- Chicken Train by The Ozark Mountain Daredevils Great song to sing and Bawk Bawk to! ;)

My one older brother had their first two releases (self-titled and 'It'll Shine When It Shines') on 8-tracks. Later on, my other brother got "The Car Over the Lake Album" on record.

Oh yeah, we definitely loved "Chicken Train."

Chicken Train, runnin' all day ...

Can't get on, I can't get off ...

Baaaaawwwwwk, ba ba baaaawwwkk ....

LOL - yeah, we really loved that tune. However, since we had it on 8-track, you had to wait for the tape to loop back again. I now own "Time Warp: The Very Best Of Ozark Mountain Daredevils" on CD which has that tune.

:D

Ant