What are YOUR movie ideas?

PSYCHOcatholic

c'mon...how many times have you been sitting on your couch watching tv...or a movie, and all of a sudden, you thought to yourself..THEY SHOULD MAKE A MOVIE WITH...

or...THEY SHOULD MAKE A MOVIE ABOUT....

You think of who would play what...

This is a VERY open thread...any idea whatsoever for a movie...whether it be stupid or not.

Like Mine, I think they should have a movie where the superhero and villian start off fighting each other, towards the beginning you find out that the villian also has to cope with being a father, and has to give the "talk" to his daughter. He is a single father of course. At one point in time, she is captured by some wannabe villain. Then the superhero and villain join forces for a short time, and in the end they have somewhat of a friendly enemy friendship.

its not perfect...but, its a thought!

WHAT ARE YOUR MOVIE IDEAS?

I've always thought that David Brin's "Uplift" series would be verry interesting. (There is a Galactic Federation, and Earth's humans are regarded as a "wolfling" race that gets a very limited version of "Encyclopeda Galactica.") The series begins with skulduggery aboard a solar research starship ("Sundiver"), continues with active hostilities ("Startide Rising")and ends with Fiben, an uplifted Chimpanzee observing the end of a civil war among "The Galactic Races." ("The Uplift War") Another series takes place on a water planet where a Terran starship is hiding from hostile Galactics. (This one has an intelligent Dolphin crew in "Brightness Reef.") The special efx techs would go crazy if this series ever go to production.

I'd like to see a documentary that explores why persons would immigrate to a new country , take up citizenship there , but keep their primary loyalties towards and demonstrate active political action on behalf of their former homelands in the adopted country . Is it merely a safe haven in their minds ( with better benefits, and in some cases , a conduit for family , friends and relatives ) from which to do so , or do they actually care about the interests of their new country ? It seems a little parasitic in that if they really are that concerned about the old country why not return and struggle for change ( if necessary ) instead ? Bringing your excess baggage and militantly airing your dirty laundry in your host's home into which you've been welcomed is usually considered bad manners , at best ...

For immigrants or ex-pats , receiving Japanese citizenship is almost as difficult as finding the Holy Grail . When I first came here , 15 years ago , I thought their policies to be both descriminatory and xenophobic - unlike Canada's which 'seemed ' to be handing out passports like prizes in a cereal box . Now , however , I do see some wisdom in this policy . Citizenship is obtainable , but it requires both time and dedication toward making oneself somewhat ' Japanese ' . I don't want citizenship here , so I'm not that concerned about it , but it does make me wonder about how many countries pass it out so much more easily and why and what some of the folks who aren't really that delighted to ' be citizens ' think about the whole thing .

Edited by Guest

Thanks Edana . :) Recent reports claim that in the recent Lebonese conflict , there were 40,000 Canadian citizens and 30, 000 + American ones- who knows how many other countries . Certainly these are not all tourists ( it may outstrip even Hawaii then ) , and while we were certainly pleased to help out people in trouble , it makes one wonder where their loyalties lie , or what they were / are thinking in the first place ... Is there even really a political entity ( and it's citizenry ) worthy of the name Lebanon , or should it just be properly split between Syria and Isreal ? The 'maps ' of de-colonialization have been more often wrong than right ...

Edited by Guest

Kevin, this debate has been raging in Australia for the past couple of weeks too.

and while we were certainly pleased to help out people in trouble , it makes one wonder where their loyalties lie , or what they were / are thinking in the first place ... Is there even really a political entity ( and it's citizenry ) worthy of the name Lebanon , or should it just be properly split between Syria and Isreal ? The 'maps ' of de-colonialization have been more often wrong than right ...

Those thoughts ^^ have certainly crossed my mind, with approx. 7000 Australians in Lebanon when the proverbial hit the fan. There were numerous protests in Sydney and Melbourne (many turning violent) screaming for the Australian government to not only evacuate (which they did, no questions asked) but to actually try to 'step in' and end the conflict, which we all know is utterly ridiculous because i. Australia has nothing to do with this and ii. our influence on the world stage is insignificant. Is it fair for those with dual citizenships to whip out the second one when things turn ugly? Where does that leave the rest of us with only one citizenship? Where do the loyalties lie??

Definitely an interesting topic.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

c'mon...how many times have you been sitting on your couch watching tv...or a movie, and all of a sudden, you thought to yourself..THEY SHOULD MAKE A MOVIE WITH...

or...THEY SHOULD MAKE A MOVIE ABOUT....

You think of who would play what...

This is a VERY open thread...any idea whatsoever for a movie...whether it be stupid or not.

Like Mine, I think they should have a movie where the superhero and villian start off fighting each other, towards the beginning you find out that the villian also has to cope with being a father, and has to give the "talk" to his daughter. He is a single father of course. At one point in time, she is captured by some wannabe villain. Then the superhero and villain join forces for a short time, and in the end they have somewhat of a friendly enemy friendship.

its not perfect...but, its a thought!

WHAT ARE YOUR MOVIE IDEAS?

That movie was already made with uma thurman and it bombed at the box office.

I have thought of a story based on the synopsis I read of a Vladimir Nabokov novel. I'm thinking either there's a full-on book written or a movie, which I've yet to read and see. However, I have not seen it or read it up to this point, so I think - I THINK - it would be an interesting story or miniseries. Alas, I'm no screenwriter, or writer of any kind, so it'll remain an idea in me head :beatnik:

• 1 month later...

Here's one :

There's this rich kid , dumb as the day is long , born and grows up in a life of luxury . Gets sent to the best schools ( rather than the special ones he needs ) which are paid off not to fail him , and develops a drug and drinking habit . Then is handed a few companies by a distant father and proceeds to bankrupt or ruin them all .

Boys will be boys , and he becomes the governor of Texas , since he is the type of guy ' you'd like to have a beer with ' . Potential enemies are crushed in front of him by his family , and in a scene of astonishment and pure magic , he becomes the President of the United States . He proceeds to bankrupt and nearly ruin that , too .

The Climax : Realizing that his legacy is at stake , and that his life has mostly been an utter waste ( except for his golf score - which he is proud of ) , he pushes the button launching a pre-emptive nuclear strike on Iran - leading to all sorts of trouble - and with a tear in his eye says , " No one really ever understood me ... *Sniff* ... except YOU, Rosebud ! ( which is the name of his putter ) ... "

Fade to black .

Too farfetched , you say ? Likely - but it's just a movie , afterall !

Wait a minute - has this one been done before ?! :D