Fantasy Football : Season II

Kevin

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you setting us up , Carl ? If I recall , you had a rough start last season as well ... and I need a touchdown from Taylor very soon ( or some wacky yardage ) to pull off another sneaky win ! C'mon , Fred ! Rather dull game tonight , 3-0 so far , unless you're a fan of defence !

Damn ! Close ... but no cigar ! :P

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

Me and my big mouth. I'm getting killed! Shaun Alexander chose a very bad time to break his foot. Doesn't he realize how many fantasy teams he's affecting? No Alexander means no run for the Seahawks, which turns them one dimensional, which you can't be against a team like Chicago. For the sake of my fantasy team, and more importantly, the Seahawks, Alexander needs to heal!

Yeah, that Jets Colts game was surprisingly awesome! The wife (who actually likes football, yes, I'm lucky) says "I can't believe this is going to be the only game on, we already know the Colts are going to kill the Jets".. Heh.. It was a much better game than either of us expected.

And my entire bench this week was on bye weeks, except one.. Sitting, all alone on my bench, doing me absolutely no good, who do I have? Santana freaking Moss.. 27 point week, and he's sittin on his duff.. *sigh* I just didn't expect that against the Jags.

Well, you play owner of a team. You take the list of all the players in the league, they're ranked by how well they scored last year, and you assemble them in an order according to who you'd want first. Then there's a draft, and you get a team of 20 players, usually 2 QB's, a few wide receivers, a few running backs, a kicker or two, some defenses, and voila, you've got a team.

Then, each week, you pick 10 players, 1 QB, 3 WR's, 2 RB's, and so on.. everyone plays the same number of each position, and depending on how those players score that week in actual gameplay, you get points for yardage gained, touchdowns, field goals, etc.

Every week you compete against one of the other teams in the league. Whoever scores the most points wins.

It's pretty straightforward, and can be alot of fun. :)

It's pretty straightforward, and can be alot of fun. :)

I do this professionally through the Anheiseur Busch League, where I gamble & place odds on the other players score cards. The secret tip is to always have Peyton as QB & Chad Johnson for a WR, I usually rack up higher odds using all AFC Leage Leaders & the payoff benefit works. Lots of fun, yet somewhat illegal in most states nonetheless :frown: