Moonlighting fans...this is for you!

Sweet Jane 61

Cybill Shepherd has confirmed she is set to reunite with Bruce Willis for a movie adaptation of hit 1980s TV show Moonlighting.

The actors have been discussing a return to their characters, Madelyn 'Maddie' Hayes and detective David Addison Jr respectively, with the programme's creator Glenn Carron, and work on a new script is already underway.

She says: "When I spoke to Glenn Carron recently, he said he'd love to do some kind of reunion, and he's figuring out a way to do it that won't be corny. Watch this space."

Willis recently revealed that he would be prepared to return to the role that made him a star, saying: "No one's writing those kind of comedy roles any more. It's so hard to invent a character like David Addison. When I read the Moonlighting script, I said: 'I know this guy. I know how this guy thinks.'

"I'm shown many more scripts for action films, thrillers and scary movies than comedies. There just aren't people up for the challenge of writing characters and material that's funny."

It'a about time!!!!! Love, love this show!

I'm all for it. I haven't seen a Moonlighting episode in over 20 years. Is it still in syndication?

One of my favorite episodes was when Maddie tried to De-Dave David Addison. That was the office limbo contest episode if you reccall. I also loved his rendition of R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

I'm sure they can bring Cybil down from her Moon for the making of this movie.