What are your views on gun ownership?

MotoRacerX36

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The world would be a much better place if they were never invented.

This caused me to think. And that gave me a headache. If guns had not ever been invented, we'd all be Europeans in Europe. It was due to the firearms that the whites were able to take over America. How intriguing...

This caused me to think. And that gave me a headache. If guns had not ever been invented, we'd all be Europeans in Europe. It was due to the firearms that the whites were able to take over America. How intriguing...

and that would be a bad thing... ? :P

What I meant is that it would be sad if we only had Africans, Asians and Americans in Europe...

but now I really thought about what Shawna wrote and that is, that European emmigrants and later Americans wouldn't have been able to conquer America from the Natives without the help of firearms, which might be true... but it's pointless to think about anyway...

but now I realize that my previous post could be interpreted different than I had intended, so sorry about that.

And Mr. MotoRacer, while I agree with your statement on a global, cultural and maybe even political level, I certainly disagree on a personal level. I hope you understand that...

Uh.....yeah. A bad thing, to say the least.

Maybe without guns, the immigrants would have came to America and worked out their problem with the Native Americans peacefully. Come to think of it, what was the problem in the first place?

But if you're refering to the American Revolution, then...I don't really think the revolution was all that necessary. Before the revolution, we were ruled by the Queen (I guess, I don't know very much about English politics in the late 1700's). Now, we're ruled by the general public, which is just as bad, in my opinion.

Batman, to assist you in this potted history:

Before what was probably more accurately described as a minor civil war in a small portion of what is now known as the USA, certain parts of the continent were under the very loose rule of a mad German named George, who knew nothing of and cared even less about the colonies. He was far more interested in eating pies and India.

As an aside, it is a fair bet that if guns hadn't have been invented, the Europeans would still have usurped the native Americans, just slower via smallpox, alcohol and Europop...

Das, If I had a clue what I was talking about, I probably would.. lol

It is true indeed that history is written by the victors. I wonder what a book written from the perspective of the whupped would be like? Would it even be recognisable despite it being equally truthful?

My take on the American War of Independence is pretty accurate though, I reckon. Won't make me many friends though... lol