Tom Petty!

scott

I was lucky enough to see Tom Petty a month ago in St. Paul (it was my second time seeing Mr. Petty)

The basic agreement in the music industry is that this is Tom and the Heartbreaker's final tour, so when my friend got two tickets I was fricken pumped.

I didn't think it could get any better until I found out that Pearl Jam was the opening act!

Pearl Jam came on first, and did an amazing hour and a half set, they ended it by covering 'keep on rockin' in the free world'

Then Petty came on, and he rocked my socks off for two and a half hours.

Then it was encore time, the first tune was 'you wreck me' then tom and the heartbreaker's did this amazing 15 minute jam... it was great.

then the final number... Petty started playing the opener to 'American Girl' real soft, and then said "now, if y'all want something real special... you're all gonna have to cheer a little louder" the whole place just exploded in cheers and clapping... and then Eddie Vedder jumped out from side stage.... and did American Girl with Petty.... it was the coolest thing I've ever seen.

If anybody has a chance to see Petty on this tour... GO!!!!

• 1 month later...

Last Minute Decision; I have 8 hours until his final show, in the Valley (Glendale). I'm contemplating whether or not I should go ahead & spend a full weeks paycheck to purchase final due day tickets for nearly $200 a pop through scalpers. I feel that it's a complete rip-off, but I got an "ace" scam up my sleeve...