Stanley Kubrick!

PSYCHOcatholic

"Eyes Wide Shut", Kubrick's last movie. It was about a strange, secret society (some people believe The Illuminati)and how a doctor, Tom Cruise's character, gets involved with them. Kind of strange. I think Dr Starangelove is my favorite, though.

Excellent, Full Metal Jacket is one of my all-time favorites. I also like

A Clockwork Orange

The Shining

2001 A Space Odyssey

Dr. Strangelove

Eyes Wide Shut was unusual and I wouldn't want to watch it again. Lolita also wasn't one of my favorites, but that has more to do with the story than Kubrick. I've finally decided that I don't enjoy most Russian writers and should stop even trying. I'd get 500 pages into one and then think, "This book really sucks". I finally stopped trying to like Hemmingway also, so it's not some anti-Russian thing.

What can be said about the most visionary director ever to say, "Cut" that hasn't already?

My favorite movies by him:

Spartacus

A Clockwork Orange

2001 Space Odyssey

The Shining

Full Metal Jacket

Eyes Wide Shut

Favorite movie:

The brilliant, A Clockwork Orange

He is god!!!

We had a 36 hour (I think ) marathon here which was so cool.. people brought their sleeping bags and camped out.. v.cool

I saw three strange docs .. and then there was full metal jacket and don´t remember the next film so went out partying till 6 in the morning(was friday night) and returned to see spartacus(brought pillow along) and then went home don´t remeber what was showing and then came back to watch space odyssey and shining and a little of eyes wide shut .. all seen a few times ..

so yeah just wnated to share that... and recommend it if anyone wants to do that in their country or something...

:rockon:

If you want to see a prime example of good film-making, with a tight storyline, good acting, camerawork, editing, direction, and not a wasted second from start to finish......then look no further than Kubrick's "THE KILLING".

40m.jpg