Favorite SNL music moments.

Ken

After Sinead O' Connor tore up a picture of the Pope & said "Fight the Real Enemy" then on a latter episode, in a skit with Jan Hook impersonating Shania O' Conner, while singing a "Shiny Happy People" parody. Then Michael Myers comes out & shoots her, & says "Fight the Surreal Enemy"

I've looked everywhere and can't find Eddie Murphy's classic one where he was a reggae artist performing for a nearly all-white audience. His song was "Kill The White People" and it was absolutely hysterical. Much in the vein of the video Mike posted. I remember seeing that one back then and realizing even then that this was pushing the envelope and cutting edge.

I thought you were refering to -

Garrett Morris Jan.24th 1976

Gonna Get Me a Shotgun

I'm gonna get me a shotgun and kill all the whities I see,

I'm gonna get me a shotgun and kill all the whities I see.

When I kill all the whities I see, then whitey he won't bother me,

I'm gonna get me a shotgun and kill all the whities I see.

Then I'll get a white woman who's wearing a navy blue sweater.

I've looked everywhere and can't find Eddie Murphy's classic one where he was a reggae artist performing for a nearly all-white audience. His song was "Kill The White People" and it was absolutely hysterical. Much in the vein of the video Mike posted. I remember seeing that one back then and realizing even then that this was pushing the envelope and cutting edge.

That's Tyrone Greene and his Reggae Band. AWESOME!!

"We gonna kill the white people, we gonna make them hurt.

Kill the white people, oh but buy my record first."

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

These two are some recent SNL music sketches. I think they are both hilarious and some of teh better stuff that SNL has come up with lately.

Tom Hanks is worried about his testicles in a spoof of "I'm Too Sexy" here

And this skit need no introduction. It's a special Christmas present from Justin Timberlake and Andy Samberg, mocking the over sexual boy bands from the early 90's.

• 2 weeks later...