The Songfactors' Choice SILVER Top Ten #25

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AND, after much deliberation I decided not to count the votes for RonJon's nominations, because if he had voted, the Points for his Nos. 3 to 10 picks could well have changed the rest of the Top Ten. This probably makes me look indecisive, but I think it is the fairest way to go.

I had thought about this, and I completely agree. It causes a big advantage for the songs he put at 1 and 2, and a big disadvantage for those that would have been picked from 3-10.

Now I think it's time to remind you all about my original proposal of The Songfactors' Choice Ultimate Top Ten. I bring this up now because it seems to be a good time - we have 250 top ten songs now, so they can be split into 5 groups of 50, then the top tens from each group go through and get voted for in the ultimate top ten. Does anyone else agree that this is a good time, or are we going to delay it again?

I suppose a decade-wise split is out of the question. That would be uneven. And a split based on rank would be unfair. I suppose it will be a complicated matter of taking each song and the votes it polled and then ranking them in that order. From that list we will then have to start forming the five groups so that each contains roughly the same number of points in total.

Tough job... anyone up for it? :stars:

I apologise to all for my erratic behaviour lately, and I've edited this Thread a little because I'm embarrassed. I came down too hard on Chris for not consulting me about his idea first. Sorry Mate !

I'm currently having some medical tests/procedures (I'm not looking for sympathy - it's nothing dire as far as I know) and I'll be in (and out of I think) Hospital next Monday, but not too bright for a day or so after.

:P

Okay, I understand, and I apologise.

Darryl and Farin, it is entirely up to you when or whether this occurs. I wasn't expecting you to proceed if this was not a good time, and I understand that for that reason I shouldn't have posted this in public yet.

Also, I have an easier method for splitting the songs into groups of fifty that I think will work, but I won't mention it yet.

I had thought about this, and I completely agree. It causes a big advantage for the songs he put at 1 and 2, and a big disadvantage for those that would have been picked from 3-10.

Now I think it's time to remind you all about my original proposal of The Songfactors' Choice Ultimate Top Ten. I bring this up now because it seems to be a good time - we have 250 top ten songs now, so they can be split into 5 groups of 50, then the top tens from each group go through and get voted for in the ultimate top ten. Does anyone else agree that this is a good time, or are we going to delay it again?

Whatever works best O55.....you've been making all the right moves with the Top 10 and this sounds fair to me.....thanks again for all the great effort here.....RonJon

Thanks Chris, Phil for your message, Ron & Shawna. You're good people.

You reckon I shouldn't go into Hospital because I might catch something from a sick person, Shawna ? I probably need a tolerance transplant. I am becoming a cranky old basket aren't I ? I hope to be back to my jolly self soon. Thanks Kid !

That's OK Chris. I AM interested in your idea for splitting them into Groups and would be happy to hear it. How about you address one PT to both Farin and I, OK ? I definitely think your idea is worth adopting !

Let's close this thread before I embarrass myself any further. This is supposed to be somewhere you can enjoy yourselves - not listen to me bitch about things.

;)

JUST RECAPPING OUR TOP TEN #25. THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED!!!

NOMINATIONS ARE NOW OPEN FOR TOP TEN #26. :)

sf_songfactorschoicetop10.jpg

For Week Ending Sunday 13th July.

1. ACROSS THE UNIVERSE - THE BEATLES

2. (Your Love Has Lifted Me) HIGHER AND HIGHER - JACKIE WILSON

3. SHE'S A RAINBOW - THE ROLLING STONES

4. WHO ARE YOU - THE WHO

5. GIVE PEACE A CHANCE - JOHN LENNON

6. WE WILL ROCK YOU - QUEEN

7. IF I WERE YOUR WOMAN - GLADYS KNIGHT & THE PIPS

8. CALIFORNICATION - RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS

9. HARDEN MY HEART - QUARTERFLASH

10.SEVEN NATION ARMY - THE WHITE STRIPES