The Songfactors' Choice SILVER Top Ten #25

RonJon is away, but he told us that his Nominations would receive his #1 and #2 Votes. Farin and I discussed this and I put a Post on this Thread about it. As nobody's objected, we've decided to count 10 and 9 Points for his nominations, and will do the same for anyone else should the circumstance arrive, as long as the intention is clearly indicated.

Sound fair ?

:)

Yep, OK by me :)

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RonJon gone ?

#1 ) Sundown

#2 ) Close To Me

#3 ) Linger

#4 ) I Am ...I Said

#5 ) Band On The Run

#6 ) Making Plans For Nigel

#7 ) Rose Garden

#8 ) She's A Rainbow

#9 ) Across The Universe

#10 ) Say You Love Me

Edited by Guest

1. Supernatural, The - John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers, Peter Green's soaring guitar on this one is one of a kind; beautiful and breathtaking.

2. Beggin' - Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons

3. Imitation Of Life - R.E.M.

4. Across The Universe - The Beatles

5. Band On The Run - Paul McCartney & Wings

6. Rainy Day, Dream Away - Jimi Hendrix

7. Shapes Of Things - The Yardbirds

8. She's A Rainbow - The Rolling Stones

9. Tobacco Road - The Nashville Teens

10. Cortez The Killer - Neil Young & Crazy Horse

Thanks guys. RonJon's mixing business and pleasure. :)

I am leaving for a meeting in Atlantic City shortly and then a few days at my favorite beach, Wildwood Crest. I won't be around to vote, but these two would be my one and two (for what that's worth).

STILL TO VOTE:

Namahage

daslied

rt

And we can wrap up Top Ten #25 !!!

1. Across The Universe - The Beatles

2. Blue Angel - Antony & The Johnsons

3. Motherless Children - Eric Clapton

4. Band On The Run - Paul McCartney & Wings

5. Dirty Work - Steely Dan

6. (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher And Higher - Jackie Wilson

7. Who Are You - The Who

8. If I Were Your Woman - Gladys Knight & The Pips

9. Lake Of Fire - Nirvana

10. Season Of The Witch - Donovan

Sorry guys I have been in and out a lot lately. I didn't have trouble getting 10, but I did have trouble placing them from 1 to 10.

So here goes.

1.Saturday In The Park. One of the better concerts I have attended was by Chicago.

2. Say You Love Me. I always kind of liked Christine McViegh sp?

3. Band On the Run. I liked the sound and pyrotechnics that went along with video.

4. Sundown. I was on Army Reserve duty at Fort Drum New York when this one came out.

5. I Am I Said. Some folks think Niel Diamond is a nerd, but I have always liked his voice and style.

6. Rich Girl. I still cringe when I think that I could have seen these guys in concert and passed it up.

7. We Will Rock You. Great song for the sporting events.

8. Higher and Higher. What a great tragedy to the music world it was to lose Jackie Wilson early in life. A tireless performer.

9. Who Are You. A good hard rock tune.

10. Maybe Baby. Another great performer cut down in the prime of life. Garry Bussey did an excellent job in portraying Buddy Holly in film.

rtstuff

You're a big disgrace you got mud on your face kick'n your can all over the place. We will we will rock you. Queen.

Hi everyone. Our Top Ten this time will be like Forrest Gump's "box of chocolates"; we just don't know what we're getting.

Voting is a real mixture, with positions 1 to 3 (the order can't change) polling over 50 Points, then down to #9 where we have 3 songs tied.

We'll wait until Friday morning U.S. Central Time for Namahage's votes.

Thanks to everyone who's participated. :)

Thanks for waiting, guys. :crazy: I was up all last night doing stuff, so I guess I'll have to whip this one together from just what I know. Sorry to all the good songs I'll inevitably leave out. :P

1: We Will Rock You - Queen

2: 100 Years - Five For Fighting

3: Californication - Red Hot Chili Peppers

4: Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now) - Phil Collins

5: (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher And Higher - Jackie Wilson

6: Who Are You - The Who

7: Give Peace A Chance - John Lennon

8: Run To Me - Bee Gees

9: Maybe Baby - Buddy Holly & The Crickets

10: Saturday In The Park - Chicago

Good on you Greg ! It was worth the wait. You got one of my nominations into the Ten. (Money will be transferred to your Swiss Bank A/C).

I've been out most of the day, but I'll do a few quick calculations and post the TEN. Someone got a nomination to #1 for the first time - can't say who, but she's not Spanish.

sf_songfactorschoicetop10.jpg

For Week Ending Sunday 13th July. These are Provisional - I'll check the Points with Farin when he arrives online. Also, he'll give you the full rundown in the Archives of how your Nominations fared.

AND, after much deliberation I decided not to count the votes for RonJon's nominations, because if he had voted, the Points for his Nos. 3 to 10 picks could well have changed the rest of the Top Ten. This probably makes me look indecisive, but I think it is the fairest way to go.

1. ACROSS THE UNIVERSE - THE BEATLES

2. (Your Love Has Lifted Me) HIGHER AND HIGHER - JACKIE WILSON

3. SHE'S A RAINBOW - THE ROLLING STONES

4. WHO ARE YOU - THE WHO

5. GIVE PEACE A CHANCE - JOHN LENNON

6. WE WILL ROCK YOU - QUEEN

7. IF I WERE YOUR WOMAN - GLADYS KNIGHT & THE PIPS

8. CALIFORNICATION - RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS

9. HARDEN MY HEART - QUARTERFLASH

10.SEVEN NATION ARMY - THE WHITE STRIPES

Thanks gentlemen! Another great Ten courtesy of the songfactors! A nice time span there, a little something for everyone. Looking back at the archives, it's interesting how close together number ten and number 20 are....

Congratulations to the non - Spanish lady! :bow:

I just updated 'Every song that's been in our Top Ten' and I was pleased to add some new artists to the list.

I think it's great to see 80s, 90s and 2000s songs in the Top Ten. To me the most surprising one was "Harden My Heart"/ Quarterflash. A wonderful Pop Song that I would never have thought of nominating. Bazooka is full of surprises, isn't he ?.

Now we need an 80s #1 !!! Who'll think of one that can make it ? We've had some great 80s songs nominated before that have fallen by the wayside. Of course, being Old 55 I'd like to see one from the 50s at #1, but I don't think that's going to happen.