on TV miming and dancing to it

Sarah Brightman used to be a member of the dance group and they had a big hit

I gave my heart to a starship trouper

maybe this was another release by that group, I don t know, come to think of it

it does have a feel of that song, maybe

the same writer !

I think I answered my own question,

I just did a google

Hot Gossip were a British dance troupe most notable for their appearance on the TV series The Kenny Everett Video Show, which aired on ITV in the late 1970s.

It was created and choreographed by Arlene Phillips. The sexually suggestive dance routines, moves, gestures and costumes used by the troupe were considered very risqué, especially considering the early evening timeslot that the Video Show was broadcast in.

Hot Gossip are often keen to claim that these risqué dance routines were not simply a result of the television programme and that they performed such dances since they were formed, 4 years before The Kenny Everett Video Show first aired.

Hot Gossip also made a couple of pop records, featuring Sarah Brightman on lead vocal. They scored a hit with I Lost My Heart To a Starship Trooper, a lightweight disco track that cashed in on the media hype surrounding the original Star Wars film. They went on to record an album in the early 1980s, Geisha Boys and Temple Girls, produced by the former Human League member Martyn Ware. The album was a commercial failure.

Dancers who performed with Hot Gossip at one time or another before they disbanded in 1986 included: Donna Fielding, Lorraine Whitmarsh, Peri Lister, Chrissy Wickham, Heather Alexander, Lyndsey Ward, Carol Fletcher, Jane Newman, Virginia Hartley, Wanda Rokikki, Kathy Burke, Sinitta Renet, Laura James, Alison Herlihy, Debbie Ash, Kim Leeson, Erin Lordan, Trudy Pack, Donette Goddard, Bonnie Bryg,

the song Break me into little pieces

was prob a follow up to starship trouper

made well after Sarah Brightman had left.

I wish I had the album Geisha Boys and Temple Girls it must be a collectors piece by now !

According to the Guinness Book of British Hit Singles, Hot Gossip had no hits (in the UK at least) without Sarah Brightman at the helm. If you look up "Hot Gossip", you are invited to "see Sarah Brightman".

The follow-up to the classic "Starship Trooper", (credited to Sarah Brightman & Hot Gossip), which reached No.6 in the UK hit-parade in late '78, was entitled "The Adventures Of The Love Crusader" and was credited to Sarah Brightman & The Starship Troopers. As I recall, though it is but a dim and distant memory, this track did seek to emulate Trooper's successful blueprint, but failed, reaching only 55 in the charts. I can't recall any of the words, not even the chorus, so can't say whether it's the one you're after or not.

From that point on, Sarah Brightman had a reasonably distinguished pop-career, but she abandoned vibrant disco-pop in favour of being taken more seriously: "songs from the musicals", power balladry, etc. Hot Gossip had no further UK releases at all after "Starship Trooper" so it seems improbable (to me) that either Brightman or Hot Gossip are responsible for the song you're after, unlesss it's the "Love Crusader" one mentioned above.

I was intrigued by the reference to "Geisha Boys and Temple Girls", recognising this as a title from Heaven 17's classic "Penthouse & Pavement" album.

Googling the title not only reveals that the track is available in various forms on a Heaven 17 remixes album, but also that it shares its title with an album collaboration between Hot Gossip and the B.E.F. ("British Electric Foundation", essentially a trading name for Ian Craig-Marsh and Martyn Ware of Heaven 17 in their role as producers, formed a part of the band's comprehensive satire of "corporatisation") This album did apparently yield a couple of singles. So maybe one of these could be the track you've been describing?

I'll ask around.

Dancers who performed with Hot Gossip at one time or another before they disbanded in 1986 included: Donna Fielding, Lorraine Whitmarsh, Peri Lister, Chrissy Wickham, Heather Alexander, Lyndsey Ward, Carol Fletcher, Jane Newman, Virginia Hartley, Wanda Rokikki, Kathy Burke, Sinitta Renet, Laura James, Alison Herlihy, Debbie Ash, Kim Leeson, Erin Lordan, Trudy Pack, Donette Goddard, Bonnie Bryg,

Incidentally, fact-fans, (just to confirm what I'm sure you've all been wondering), this really is the Debbie Ash.

Nice try, Diggs, but you don't get to puff on the cigar.

Very close though. Luscious Debbie is actually the younger sister of Leslie, who was taken up the back alley by Phil Daniels.

Leslie used to be pretty foxy herself before allowing her looks to be destroyed by a combination of cosmetic surgery (as if she needed it??? :o )and Lee Chapman. }:(

Didn't she once sustain broken ribs during a steamy session of rumpy-pumpy? Yeah, right,...Easily done, I'm sure. :crazy:

Aye, it was rumoured that the blond, handsome Mr Chapman got carried away and she fell on the bedside table... Sad really - he seemed a decent bloke, plus those goal celebrations were stuff of legend...

You are correct - wrong Ash. Leslie is indeed the pouting one...