Rare finds!!

Mike

here are two rare Pink Floyd songs: "King Bee" and "Lucy Leave" :)

"Lucy Leave (Barrett) belongs, together with King Bee, to the first songs ever recorded by Pink Floyd. Both songs were recorded as demo takes. There is some debate about the exact date, with estimates going back as far as mid 1964. Most sources however give October 1965 as the most probable month of recording."

"Both songs were never part of an official release, but appeared on a demo acetate which was used as the source for bootleggers several times. It later appeared on a CD accompanying an Italian book about Syd Barrett called "Fish Out Of Water" in outstanding quality; this CD is now the most common source for bootlegs of the song. During the same session two other songs were recorded, titled Double O Bo and Butterfly, which until now have never seen the light of day."

download them from Neptune Pink Floyd

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was there life before Youtube?? :laughing: I love this video, I discovered it a week ago and sent the link to some 50 people by e-mail...

I heard this on the radio the other day...I didn't know it was the Byrds...and I just saw this post tonight...I don't know how I missed it...I like it alot!

Edna...Can't you just see me and you go-go dancing on those stands????..I know it was before my time...but sure looks like fun!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...