Alice In Chains

bparker1188

Yeah, I agree completely they?re underrated.

Nirvana is often credited with for being the original in Seattle, but AiC had already hit the spotlight with Man in the Box a year before Nevermind was released. Not to mention Jerry Cantrell?s hefty guitar handiwork on their songs, making him IMO the best guitarist during the whole Grunge Movement. They?ve received a fair share in rankings from compiled lists of the best though, but they aren?t credited with as much as they deserve.

I never thought I'd hear you say an avatar was too creepy.

Well, that's two requests. If I hear more then I'll have no other choice but to.

I wish there was a way to have a different avatar for each different forum. The one showing now fits in the Creative Writing forum.

Yeah I know, I've used forums that kept your old sigs and avatars dated on that post, even if you changed them, they stay the same for that post.

I wish there was a way to have a different avatar for each different forum. The one showing now fits in the Creative Writing forum.

I know what you mean, having the sig of Maddox helps inspire me to degrade people. It shows.

I will agree that Alice in Chains and Soundgarden never got the credit they deserved. I listened to them a whole lot more than I ever listened to Nirvana. I own one Nirvana album (guess which one), while I have all the AIC and SG ones.

One other note, why does everybody like "Black Hole Sun"? I hate that song. I hate the video even more. I would much rather listen to "Outshined", "Jesus Christ Pose", "Slaves and Bulldozers", "Superunknown", etc. Just wondering what the appeal is.

One other note, why does everybody like "Black Hole Sun"? I hate that song. I hate the video even more. I would much rather listen to "Outshined", "Jesus Christ Pose", "Slaves and Bulldozers", "Superunknown", etc. Just wondering what the appeal is.

I agree, It's the only video of theirs that MTV really ever played (except for a few off of Down on the Upside, which was a decent album) I liked Badmotorfinger much better than SuperUnknown, but it had a few good songs like Day I tried to Live, Fell on Black Days, & 4th of July.

all i have to say is when my whole cd collection the only cd that survived was my alice in chains one i cried then i descoverd who rueind all my cds and threatend their lives it was great but sad. Alice in Chains all i can say as it dosent get much simpler than this destiny

Well, if Mike is going to do it then so am I!!

WELCOME BACK EGGPLANT WE MISSED YOU!!! I was thinking of you on JUNE 22nd.

Did you happen to watch the show? I still have it on TIVO. I can make a copy of it for you if you want. PM me if you missed it.

It's nice to see you back!

:: :: :coolio:

Sorry Ben for hijacking your thread. Did you ever get that book I PM'd you about?

Thanks for the greetings guys. Maybe I'll be around a little more often now. There are some names I don't even recognize who have more posts than me!! :jester:

I did not see the TV show. I saw the list somewhere on the internet though. Honestly, I really had no intention of watching it anyway. Thanks for the credit to my original post!!

Alice in Chains are definately not appreciated enough. They're by far my favorite band (except Tool) and I hate the way everyone labels them as just another grunge band from Seattle, and completely disregards all the talent Layne Staley had just because he had a drug problem.

My favorite songs are: Bleed the Freak, Got Me Wrong, Sickman, Angry Chair, Don't Follow, Brush Away, God Am, and Over Now