Song/Video of the day

c_s_1987

• 3 weeks later...

For your consideration:

Every Little Step by Bobby Brown

Here's why this is the most culturally relevant video of the '90s:

1) The white background paved the way for the Gap and iPod ads of the future.

2) The peak of the Gumby cut.

3) Maybe the most famous rap interlude. We all know Bobby was good to, good to, good to go solo.

4) Early use of video vixens, but had not yet crossed the line to hoochie.

5) First major appearance of the running man dance move.

6) Red socks and suspenders based on Steve Urkel from Family Matters.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This has shown up in the Songfactor's Choice Top 10, but I just can't resist. Not sure there is a more heartfelt power ballad at the sunset of hair metal. Check out the lead singer with a cigarette in one hand and a work glove on the other. Rock and Roll!!!

This has shown up in the Songfactor's Choice Top 10, but I just can't resist. Not sure there is a more heartfelt power ballad at the sunset of hair metal. Check out the lead singer with a cigarette in one hand and a work glove on the other. Rock and Roll!!!

I love that song. It was one of the first songs I ever learned on guitar. And I love Tesla for two reasons. 1. Their band name is the name of my favorite scientist. 2. They're hair metal but with a bit more musical depth to them. I love them.

How could you NOT fall in love at a Tesla concert? That was powerful stuff.

OK, another Hair Metal classic for you. This one was funded by the Paper Mate company, which paid for the video in exchange for prominent placement of its erasable pen (why didn't those things catch on?). Before you click, try to guess what song it is - what group would be a good candidate for pen sponsorship?:

• 3 weeks later...