Song/Video of the day

c_s_1987

Yeah that's a good one. Willie Nelson also does a good version with The Chieftains. I just like this one because it has the novelty of Stephen Colbert singing with Elvis Costello, Emmylou Harris, and Don Fleming. Never thought I'd see that.

Yea, that is pretty awesome. It was Colbert who actually first introduced me to the Costello song "Cheap Reward" when he sang it with Costello on the show. Colbert can really sing.

I also liked when he performed "Somewhere Out There" with Jimmy Fallon.

Colbert can really sing.

That surprised me too. I liked it when he had Elvis, Emmylou and the archivist guy on the show and he stayed in character, making fun of the poor people who listen to folk music. In his own subversive way, he does a lot to bring attention to this stuff.

Meanwhile, where's The Bonzo Dog Band performing "Death Cab For Cutie" with a stripper in a Beatles movie:

here's a hilarious performance by Nine Inch Nails at some 80s dance music show :laughing:

Martin, that wasn't just some dance show - that was Dance Party USA!!!!. MTV had Club MTV, where you always imagined lines of cocaine and bottles of Jack Daniels just offstage. Dance Party USA was highly-sanitized, but incredibly watchable, maybe because of moments like this. The girl introducing the band was their star: Princessa. Her thing was that she loved Prince.

• 2 weeks later...